Gran Turismo 5

Hey!! I'm participating! :mad:

I just can't keep up with your times guys!

Wait till I finish my civil service exams and then we will see...:shifty:

Of course I know you are, you are the one that posted the first time. when I said no one else, I had not forgotten about you =)

your times are fine, like I said, If i was using the controller, Id get 7+ minute lap times, im completely shit with it. so just keep practicing and keep posting times, no matter how fast or slow, we just want to see times. pretty soon we will have lots of FG members on the ranking board :)

I'll be with my PS3 again tomorrow, so how 'bout a new challenge? :)

time trial (S2 tires), Suzuka, no aids (except ABS), no tuning, Mazda RX-7

Last edited:
2'23.579 (with clutch/H shifter, no aids/tunning)

and wow youre right, its really really fun to drive... I dont even know why I had not driven it. so many cars I guess I just missed some

Well, I can not say I'm very happy with RWD cars. I never get one clean lap together, and then I become frustrated from spinning out constantly, like right now with the RX-7. I wish we'd have preferred the FWD challenge. But I guess I'll have to face RWD cars one day anyway. :?

Do you use a wheel? If you use a controller, then Im sorry but there is no way to drive fast. with a wheel though... to stop spinning out, just be as smooth as possible. Try to get a lap with no tire squeel but perfect lines, then being fast will come easy.

I use a Driving Force Pro. Actually, I know how to do this, but since RWD cars have gotten so tailhappy in the current Prologue, I'm having a hard time constantly driving at the limit without spinning out once in a while. The actual problem is this: I don't feel when a car starts to spin, like I would in real life. So my counteractions usually come too late to keep the car going properly. And then there's the nonlinearity of the accelerator pedal, which already gives you quite a boost even if you feather it. And those two in combination ruin my laps.

EDIT:
I toned down the Force Feedback (had it set to the max), which helps a great deal keeping the car in shape. I also downloaded your replay to use it as a ghost. Still, there's quite a way to go: 2:26.105

Last edited:
:no: Why?

Because I'm a BIG fan of the gran Turismo series. Bear in mind that it was this game the one which started my interest in cars. Then it came Top gear. So for me it's something pretty special. It's just like any other hobby. And I'm on my way to buy the Gran Turismo 4 Press Kit. 25 Kg of material. Oh yeah!! :D

Vltros- that looks super sexy! very very nice

the Interceptor- great job getting the lap times down. And I dont know if there is an option to make tire squeal louder, but if not, maybe just bumping up the volume overall would help you catch the back-end sooner?

I suppose that won't help, as the tires always are squealing in the corners. Anyway, with the low Force Feedback, I'm on a good way now. The bad news is that I won't have access to the game for the rest of the week, so I can only offer you new times from next week on. Sorry!

^ thats alright. you should come across the pond someday with your bmw so we can pretend we are playing gt5p. It will be fun!

I'll be "in the pits" for the next two weeks as I'm currently preparing for the tests to become a "civil worker" (which are pretty difficult and demanding) so I won't be participating for a while. But as soon as I finsih Iwill star posting time laps like a madman :lol:

Sigh. All I can do is play the damn game with a controller (therefore, standard physics) because I don't have a good place to set up the steering wheel :(. Complete and utter failure. If anyone's up for it, try and hit up my time on Suzuka in an R8 :).

You'll have to guess what my psn is :p