[14x04] September 1st, 2008

[14x04] September 1st, 2008

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Fifth Gear arrived in the current century= Around minute 13, you can watch Vicky using the Mozilla Firefox in the website feature! No Internet Explorer 6 anymore like in the older seasons! :thumbsup:

And yes I agree, season 14 is what Fifth Gear should be like.

Good episode. I liked it.

Everything was pretty good, but damn i was kinda let down by the X-bow at the end. Sucks that thing isn't that loud. Didn't look that aggressive when the camera was pointed straight, either.

Otherwise, it was a good show. 8/10

Once again an excellent Tim Shaw segment (how to cheat the UK road tax). He definitely has good screen presence for what he does. If i lived in england i'd be taking notes on that segment.

Great review by Tom Ford on the X6, we all knew its a pointless, ugly car, but his in depth review pointed out concrete reasons not to buy one.

The only good thing about it is that V8 twin turbo engine...which needs to be in a car, not that thing.

Last edited:
Excellent show and everything was exceptional, especially Tim's segment. I was going to vote 9/10 but I accidentally clicked 10, so my bad.

It was an ok episode. Didnt love it. Hate the X6. Multi Spass thing was sort of interesting, Mugen RR looks pretty interesting. Tesla is ok. I freaking want an X-Bow right now please.

I also wish I could win this weeks competition prize.

Did anyone else notice that the Breckland Beira's instrument panel said Saturn Sky?

http://img152.imageshack.**/img152/9172/saturnskywq3.jpg

Did anyone else notice that the Breckland Beira's instrument panel said Saturn Sky?

Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny. Britain needs a muscle car.
So they took a Saturn Sky and dropped a Corvette motor in it. :lol:

Mugen Civic RR - I'm surprised it beat the S2000, maybe they should've used the S2000CR for a more even match. But still for me, rwd > fwd.

Road tax thing - I can see it being relavent to UK viewers, but I skipped it.

BMW X6 - that thing is hideous, if they can make the X6 handle that well, why not drop that AWD system in the X5? It'll be more practical, better looking and seats 7.

Tesla and Beira - The lack of engine noise of the Tesla just feels weird, for the same money I'd much rather get the Exige instead. THe Beira is just a freaking Saturn Sky with a LS2. Does the EU market get the Sky Redline with the turbo engine? Just get that if it's offered.

X-Bow - I don't like the way this car looks, and I agree with Tom, just get the Aerio Atom instead.

Overall, not a bad ep, 7/10.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny. Britain needs a muscle car.
So they took a Saturn Sky and dropped a Corvette motor in it. :lol:

It's gotta be a Joke, It's supposed to be a uniquely British Muscle car. no mention It's Left Hand drive.. Two drunk blokes came up with it.. YEA after viewing This website

http://www.mallettcars.com/sky-conversion.htm

and if you take a look at the front brakes, I'm going to bet they are off the shelf K-sport parts

3_large.jpg

Not that there is anything WRONG with them they are just inexpensive, and it's nice to see SOMEONE is buying GM products. but for $100,000 I'll buy a Sky and swap it myself, then buy another one with the left over money.

Mugen Civic RR - I'm surprised it beat the S2000, maybe they should've used the S2000CR for a more even match. But still for me, rwd > fwd.

I'm not surprise, considering the less hardcore non-Mugen JDM Civic Type R sedan was said to have come within 1 sec of the NSX Type-Rs lap time on the Tsukuba circuit in japan. The faster Civic RR beating the slower S2000 falls within reason.

and btw guys, please learn how to spell, its Renault Multispace (not Multi Spass) and Ariel (not Aerio, thats a Suzuki) Atom

^ Not in the UK you won't.

I liked the episode and Toms X6 review was exceptional - getting to the heart of the issue. New bloke is warming up OK, well I liked him actually. That X-bow such a shame still lets hope it can have more about it in later generations.

Solid 8 / 10

and btw guys, please learn how to spell, its Renault Multispace (not Multi Spass) and Ariel (not Aerio, thats a Suzuki) Atom

:lol:

It's a Citroen not a Renault!!

Agreed about the X-bow, just buy the Atom (looks better in my opinion too!)

Jason: decent segment.

Tim: bullhorn was a bit annoying, but still a great segment. He's really good.

Tom: good as usual.

Jonny (ice cream): oof, shafted on this one. He coulda done a much better segment if given the chance.

Vicki: less music, more engine! :eek: Good segment though.

Tiff: pretty good.

Gonna give it a 7.49.

Vicki: less music, more engine! :eek: Good segment though.

They needed to play something during the tesla segment so the only thing you heard wasnt the wind. And then they needed to keep playing it so you werent like "huh? Where'd the music go?"

I dont know guys, this episode was a total snoozefest for me after the great ones they have been cranking out recently. I'll chalk it up to bad luck in the segment placement calculation randomization machine (tm).

5/10, 50%, F, See me after class.

To the guy that says a S2000 CR is a better match for the Mugen, no it isn't. Best motoring raced a Stock Civic Type R, a Mugen RR, and a Civic Type R Modulo and the competition was a stock S2k and an a S2K type S (CR IN JAPAN). The 3 civic started behind the s2ks and drove around all three by the end of the 5 laps. It had faster corner speed, better on the brakes, and faster on the straight. All that adds up to total win.

The Mugen RR and the Type R Modulo are the best FWD cars ever.

b.t.w. I gave it an 8, Love the Tax bit and the trip to Goodwood, im loving the Tesla right now. KTM X-bow = awesome.
And yes the Breckland Beira's sits on G.M.'s Kappa II platform which as of today, G.M. says is likly to be canceled. :sad:

Last edited:
:lol:

It's a Citroen not a Renault!!

Agreed about the X-bow, just buy the Atom (looks better in my opinion too!)

Youre right, its the Citroen Berlingo Multispace, the one Clarkson reviewed in the first ep of series 1 of Top Gear. Got it mixed up with the Renault Kangoo.