Random Thoughts....

How do you deposit a check with an ATM?

Bank of America has these new envelope-less ATMs that you stick a check into and it scans it onscreen, and you can get a printout of the check itself for maximum security. It's all pretty high-tech and fancy until they get your hopes up with giving you more money than you have. :cry:

Well that has shocked me a bit. The story goes like this: we got our reports today, which give 'predicted grades' based on our current performance. Our study leave starts on the 8th May. So we don't have that much time left at school to learn the rest of things and improve.
My report shows an A in DT (kinda expected), Cs in German (also expected), Maths (Core) and Physics, a D in Maths (Statistics) and an A in General Studies, although that is ignored by almost all unis, and it isn't hard.
My problem (for want of a better phrase), is in Physics and Maths. I was pretty much expecting Bs.

I just think I should start revising...

And to anyone who is just about to or currently doing GCSEs (looking at you PaperBiro) - don't think they are hard. They're not. Give yourself twice as much work, and less than a third of the time. And yes, I probably will be told now that uni is harder, but at the moment we are still in GCSE relax mode.

1) I am a real woman.
2) The rest is also not true. I'm not looking for a friend, I've got enough of those, I'm just looking for a real man to hang with, have sex with and have fun with. And I don't like footrubs.

BTW, boys/men being all possessive is one of the reasons why I don't want a boyfriend... I just want to do whatever I feel like doing, I need to be free.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mioGewkWVdo[/YOUTUBE]

How do you deposit a check with an ATM?

Put your cheque in one of the special envelopes stacked to the side of the machine, select the deposit option, choose account, input amount of each cheque, and feed the envelope into the hole that pops open (and often closes with a really satisfying clunk).

I was kind of skeptical at first as to how they made sure the amounts were right, but it's worked fine for me for years. Never seen the techie BofA type described by BlaRo, but I guess that's a good thing.

Last edited:
Put your cheque in one of the special envelopes stacked to the side of the machine, select the deposit option, choose account, input amount of each cheque, and feed the envelope into the hole that pops open (and often closes with a really satisfying clunk).

Same here, except the ATM tends to give you an envelope from one of its many mysterious slots.

(The ATM vomits out an envelope?)

I was kind of skeptical at first as to how they made sure the amounts were right, but it's worked fine for me for years. Never seen the techie BofA type described by BlaRo, but I guess that's a good thing.

Here, at least, you key in how much the cheque is for. And then presumably a poor bank staff person collects all the deposit envelopes once per day, checks them, and confirms them.

Although I read a story about someone (in Australia?) who put an envelope in for (apparently) a million dollars but the envelope contained a used lollipop stick. The bank was apparently a bit slow and put a million dollars in the guy's account. He used it for a couple days to buy sweets and then 'fessed up.

Yup, here you input the amount of each specific cheque. You can also deposit cash like this (no coins).

I figured that a poor staff was counting these every day, but that doesn't really raise my confidence, it must be really tedious work. :D

Something interesting I have noticed is NOT being a floofy girly girl makes GUYS stick you in the friend zone. Guys would rather be my friend than my boyfriend for some reason. I get told how I'm "the perfect girl" but no one wants me WTF. Even male friends of mine will admit to this trend.
Hmm, dunno, what they probably say is "You'll make a guy very happy some day.", or at least that's what they want to say. What they mean is "But not today."

I'm in pretty much the same situation as you in this field. All girls tell me is that I'm such a great guy, that I'd make a girl very happy some day and that I'd probably be the perfect husband. Which in their opinion is true, even in mine to some extent ... but that doesn't help me get a girlfriend. Why?

Well, here's my rationale to this.
Even though:

I'm definitely not bad-looking (quite a few women have said I look cute and meant it)
I have more skills in bed than any of the people I know combined
I give the best massages outside of trained massage therapists
I'm much smarter than your average bloke
I can cook better than most girls I know
I'm interesting
I'm an excellent dancer
I'm definitely the most romantic and attentive guy most girls I've met have known (none of their boyfriends ever even given them flowers)

I won't get a date easily at all, because:

I'm short
I'm very skinny, not muscle-bound
I'm not terribly good looking
I don't party at a club every saturday night
I don't wear designer label clothes
I don't drive a luxury car
I don't own a castle in the hills
etc.

So basically, here's my rationale for it: I wouldn't make a good lover. Girls at this stage in their life are not looking to find themselves a good guy to settle down with. They want excitement and to fool around. Even though they all say they're looking for a good man, only some of them are. The rest (98%) are just looking for a good boy-toy which they can brag to their friends about. So although I'd make the best hubby around, I wouldn't make a good lover because I'm not tall, rich, muscular, popular, a rockstar and a fashion guru all in one package.

So even though for them I may be the best thing that ever happened to them and I'd make a better boyfriend ... their friends wouldn't approve, but they'd say "Wachoo doin' wit da midgit?" and for them approval from their friends is more important at this stage in their lives than having a good soulmate. So I get disqualified because I'm not that one "trophy" that they're looking for.

And, of course, after guys that do have those characteristics and have their pick at all the women that they want turn out to be assholes (99% of the time) ... they go crying home to their good "friends" (no, not to me, I've stopped offering the shoulder a long time ago). In time, they realize that their view of the world is flawed, that they're getting older, that friends come and go, that the desirable guys lost their traits and that they want to find someone to have a relationship with and eventually marry and have a family with. So who do they like at this point? Yeah, guys like me. The guys that will "make a woman happy some day" have their turn at the wheel ... but of course, they get picked last ... they may win in the end, but they're still in last place.

That's ok by me though ... I stopped liking the immature women who don't know what they want and couldn't choose for themselves or steer their own lives a long time ago. Of course, getting to know a girl and making sure that she is one of those can sometimes be very hard, because you need time to know it, and you get into a relationship with them or go out on some dates just to be heartbroken in the end.
But the other girls that I would like to date are VERY rare, most are taken, and most also have their pick at all the guys they want to have, so less chance for me.

So that's what I think your case is: You're not a victoria's secret model, even though you're still good-looking, you don't fit the normal bill of what a girl should behave like, you'll always be interesting for guys to talk with - but you won't be a mystery to them, but most and most importantly, their friends' mouths won't fall off if they bring you to a gathering.

Well, as for me, I won't settle for last place because I'm not a loser and I've always put my best foot forward in life. So as soon as I've moved into the new house that my parents have bought in July ... I'm going to make myself a nice gym in the basement, I'm going to start working out rigorously and build up in height and muscle ... until then I'm going to save up for a nice car, apply for a loan and get one and also buy myself clothes that are more fashionable. I'm going to modify my facial hair and get an ear piercing... etc. etc. etc.

So I'm going to be some of the things that they look for in a trophy boy-toy with the added benefit of being a great guy, for a change. Sure, it will take some time, but it seems like I have all the time in the world ... of course, at that time my standards will also rise way above the heads of the girls that I ask out now and I'd still pick the emotionally mature ones ... but I'd have much better chances.

Well, not an expert on girls .. but you might want to:
Stop dying your hair blue ... that's weird and most friends will certainly object to that.
Start putting on more makeup ... god, I hate it when girls do that, but that's what most guys approve of.
Wear skimpier clothes and more fashionable girly-clothes.
Play hard to get.
Stop talking about guy topics and get a herd of female friends and talk girl-talk with them.

etc. etc.

I just won $75 worth of Rockstar energy drinks. I chose the case of Citrus Punched flavor. Anyone know if its any good?

I figured that a poor staff was counting these every day, but that doesn't really raise my confidence, it must be really tedious work. :D

In fairness, only this week someone paid a cheque into my normal account using a human at a desk, and they got it wrong too (they put ?1,000 instead of ?500 in).

Sadly the bank noticed before I could spend the difference :p

toma_alimosh's post now just makes me feel bad :(

I used to think I wanted a relationship. True love, the whole thing. Started to date a guy. Not very good looking, but very sweet, caring, funny. I was not very attracted to him though. But anyway, I soon found out that I just didn't want to be in a relationship with him. But not just with him, I don't want to be in a relationship with anybody right now. And then I sort of broke his heart.
And you're right. With this guy I just noticed that looks are important to me. I am kind of ashamed of it, and I wish it wasn't that way. I just hopes he'll find a girl that really likes him, he deserves it. Apart from that, it was doomed to fail from the beginning, but that's a looooooong story.
So now I'm just looking for guys that don't want anything serious. I can't disappoint them, we'll just have fun and I can do anything with whoever I want. But I think that that must be the third time I'm saying this here :p

Last edited:
Maybe it's a good thing that your partner has different interests? It's not like I'll ever find someone that's into techie bits, cars AND cooking anyway. :p

*raises hand*

Something interesting I have noticed is NOT being a floofy girly girl makes GUYS stick you in the friend zone. Guys would rather be my friend than my boyfriend for some reason. I get told how I'm "the perfect girl" but no one wants me WTF. Even male friends of mine will admit to this trend.

I get stuck in the friend zone as well with most of my guy friends, but I've never been told I'd be the perfect girl, just near perfect :lol:

Looks are almost always important because if you're not physically attracted to them in the least, you won't want to associate with them. I've done the whole boy-toys stage after my 3yr relationship ended and.. that's not for me. Just don't care for the feeling after you get with being with someone and knowing that.. that's all its ever going to be. Doing that just seems useless to me.

Last edited:
I just won $75 worth of Rockstar energy drinks. I chose the case of Citrus Punched flavor. Anyone know if its any good?
It's ok, I much prefer the Rockstar Juiced Mango or just plain Rockstar, the Zero Carb is good too.

You only got one case though? A case of 16 oz. costs about $25-35 depending on who it's coming from so your probably not getting $75 dollars worth. Should be getting 2-3 cases of 16 oz. or 4-5 cases of 24 oz. Even at MSRP a case is only worth about $50.

Last edited:
It's ok, I much prefer the Rockstar Juiced Mango or just plain Rockstar, the Zero Carb is good too.

You only got one case though? A case of 16 oz. costs about $25-35 depending on who it's coming from so your probably not getting $75 dollars worth. Should be getting 2-3 cases of 16 oz. or 4-5 cases of 24 oz. Even at MSRP a case is only worth about $50.

I was basing it on campus store prices. I know its much much less MSRP, but If I wanted to buy it on campus I'd pay around 75.