Things that live in my carhole...

The RX-7 has what we call a bridgeport. It's like having a wild cam in a piston car. Huge intake/exhaust overlaps (wankel motors don't have valves but it's the same theory); hence the lumpy idle. Once it revs the bouncing is gone. It's what makes it non-streetable (loud, smelly, 1600rpm idle) and more a dedicated weekend car.

Oh...and bridgeport FTW. I'm in the process of getting an '84 GSL-SE...bone stock. Can't wait to join the rotary fraternity.

A little update...so I decided last November when the lease was due, that I'd turn in the M3. It's a great car but the SMG was a love/hate thing for me. The deal breaker is the absolute turd attitude of the dealership and service.

So, my new ride just arrived and will replace the outgoing one. In general, it's more fun to drive up to 80%. After that, it's not as neutral and gets hairy. It could also have looked a bit nicer/subtle. Love the carbon fiber trim and alcantara GP-style steering wheel.

C63_03sm.JPG

C63_04sm.JPG

C63_06sm.JPG

C63_11sm.JPG

Your cars are amazing!

^^ Agree. WORKWORKWORK! Then hopefully monies. :p

But really, what do you do to afford all this??

Funny how it always ends up with "how do you afford this?" "are you a coke dealer?" "lucky to have rich parents". :p

It's simple, I go to the dealer, apply for a loan, sign something, go home. :dance:

Obviously though the lien has to be paid off before modifications are made to the cars.

Nice cars!

Doesn't the GTS only have 2 seats in the rear?

Nice cars!

Doesn't the GTS only have 2 seats in the rear?

Thx...the GTS has its two rear outside seating area more bolstered to resemble bucket seats. However, it does have a middle section that one can punish another passenger with. :mrgreen:

Very nice collection. The C63 is a great bit of kit but the M3 looks better.

I concur...but only the E46 version. I like the E92 M3 but it's kinda plain/low grade looking sometimes. And from what I've seen, it doesn't have that exclusivity as the C63...so many of them around in my neck of the woods. :blink:

Nice cars.. agreed that the C63 is more exclusive, even here, people tend to buy 3-series more than the C or E class and I think the C63 looks better than the E92 M3.

For some reason, this thread makes me study. It just does.

Damn you and your infinite supply of money! :p

First of all: :jawdrop: to the beauties you've got in your garage ;)

It's a shame you had to get rid of the M3 as it is a great car but a C63 AMG isn't a bad car either! :p

One question. Is that a PDK the one you've got in your Cayenne GTS?

If it is, how good it is? And do the PDK paddles (their placement) suck as much as they say in the magazine reviews??

Anyways!! Congrats for such a great garage!! ;)

Thx. :)

Unfortunately, the Cayenne is not PDK (I think that'll only become available when the release the replacement model. It's just plain old Tiptronic. I wish it was PDK or 6-speed manual but the wife says "NO".

M3 had to go because of 2-door. We need 4-doors now and the new E90 M3 was not enticing. I actually wanted the Jaguar XF S/C but they can't get one in time.

-H

First of all: :jawdrop: to the beauties you've got in your garage ;)

It's a shame you had to get rid of the M3 as it is a great car but a C63 AMG isn't a bad car either! :p

One question. Is that a PDK the one you've got in your Cayenne GTS?

If it is, how good it is? And do the PDK paddles (their placement) suck as much as they say in the magazine reviews??

Anyways!! Congrats for such a great garage!! ;)