Who let Clarkson programme Glasto?

upyourego

Car(s)
Learning to drive
Before I write I should probably appologise for being something of a fairweather friend to this forum since the last series of Top Gear - things have been a little manic at work - back now though :)

Anyway - I was looking at the lineup for the Pyramid stage at Glastonbury this year and couldn't help but wonder whether the eco-friendly Eavis family have brought our very own Jeremy Clarkson on board as a consultant.

This years festival will see Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen headline along with Blur.

But that isn't all The Specials are also on the main stage as are Crosby, Still and Nash, Spinal Tap, Tom Jones, Tony Christie, Madness, Nick Cave and Status Quo.

OK so there are many other stages filled with the sort of bands that would be headlining the main stage at any other festival - but still!

I think Glastonbury, now approaching its 40th year of existence, seems to have been through its quarter life crisis, had a snap at a mid-life crisis with JZ last year - and is now settling comfortably into middle aged.

While at the same time providing a garage and a room downstairs for its children, grandchildren, the cool kids from over the road and the odd wandering hippy to enjoy their own musical tastes.

I can just imagine JC sitting in a particularly inapropriate vehicle at Glastonbury cheering on The Boss or Crosby, Stills and Nash.

Maybe that's something for this series of Top Gear - come up with the perfect Glasto camper van - sorry added that last bit on as the post felt a little TG tenuous.

Last edited:
Aaah, great. Finally an excuse to post this pic of James and Richard at Glasto 2007. :cool:

jamesglasto2.jpg

I'm not sure what they had been smoking, but it looks like pretty strong stuff to me. :p

JC has certainly has stated the anything post 1979 was no good. (Will Young interview.)
His tastes, he is into Rock & Prog-Rock, I think. Such as, The Who, Rolling Stones, Genesis, etc. ( and now of course Will Young. :lol:)

CSNY & The Boss may be on the list further down.

And, welcome back, you must let us know how the TV advert went and the new Radio show is going. :cool:

Photo of James & Richard a bit squiffy

I'm not sure what they had been smoking, but it looks like pretty strong stuff to me. :p

Oh yes, definitely. :mrgreen:

And Hamster seems to be the same height as James now, the weed is working on me now. :?

And, welcome back, you must let us know how the TV advert went and the new Radio show is going. :cool:

Unfortunately I was told to put the advert on hold while they created new branding nationally - that I'll then have filtered down to me for use in any advert - that includes music fx, voices, graphics, logos and colours.

But the show is going from stregnth to stregnth - increasing share and interviewing a wider range of people.

Just this week I've interviewed MayKay from Irelands Fight Like Apes, The Boxer Rebellion and am working on setting an interview up with Doves and Passion Pit.

Thanks for the interest :)

Oh and - you're probably right about this years Glasto - as middle aged as it is - it probably isn't middle aged enough for JC!