A short thought on the Dodge Viper [And a poll]

A short thought on the Dodge Viper [And a poll]

• Total voters
8C = 8 cylinder

Viper = V10.

That's just the start of how horribly awful this idea is.

Yep. Take the Viper chassis, give it a few changes as necessary, slap on a gorgeous Alfa body and call it something else, but please don't soil the 8C by trying to pass a Viper off as one.

To be honest, I've never liked the styling of the 8C. It's just not my cup of tea.

Hopefully the Viper survives as the kind of supercar your mother warned you about :)

Steve

oversized V10, no Traction control, 6 speed manual, sidepipes, a bajillion foot pounds of torque, American, manual fold down roof or coupe body

vs

normal sized V8, complicated Ferrari electronics, some paddle gear box, italian, normal exhaust pipes

I'm not really finding too many similarities. they are front engined and rear drive, but so is a Chevy Vega.

oversized V10, no Traction control, 6 speed manual, sidepipes, a bajillion foot pounds of torque, American, manual fold down roof or coupe body

vs

normal sized V8, complicated Ferrari electronics, some paddle gear box, italian, normal exhaust pipes

I'm not really finding too many similarities. they are front engined and rear drive, but so is a Chevy Vega.

:lol: '32 Ford has more in common it seems, at least it had a v8 :p

"Yes, Alfa Romeo should do it as soon as possible."

Of fuck yes. Do it. Just replace the front bumper of the Viper with a Alfa bumper so you have the triangle and the Logo... yes. Do it alfa. As soon as possible. Do it now. Run the Viper into the grave for good. Torture it to death. Make babies cry with your monstrous creation.

Hey yankees,
Your auto industry is ours. We got you buy the balls now.

greetings from Europe :)

Last edited:
I think the viper is one of the last pure supercars. It's got no electic nannying to screw with your joyous persuit of entering heaven in a backwards fireball.

I think Alfa would try to tame it, much like the not so wild horse of Ferrari.

No. Just, no. It doesn't need any explanation aside from 'No'.

I want the Viper to survive, but as an Alfa? No.

NO.

DON'T YOU TOUCH THE VIPER, YOU.
"Yes, Alfa Romeo should do it as soon as possible."

Of fuck yes. Do it. Just replace the front bumper of the Viper with a Alfa bumper so you have the triangle and the Logo... yes. Do it alfa. As soon as possible. Do it now. Run the Viper into the grave for good. Torture it to death. Make babies cry with your monstrous creation.

Hey yankees,
Your auto industry is ours. We got you buy the balls now.

greetings from Europe :)

You'd best watch yourself, son.

Last edited:
To be honest, I've never liked the styling of the 8C. It's just not my cup of tea.

I have to agree, and I'm almost ashamed to say it. After seing the concept drawings and the TG test, I thought it was definitely a poster car, it looked stunning. Then I went to the AI show at the NEC and the car was there, albeit briefly, parked up with the (then) new Alfa Mito, both in that candy-ish red. I have to say, the Mito completely out-did the 8C entirely. The 8C managed to look awkward, a bit too long at the nose, not quite low enough, back end too stubby. I was gutted...

Please find the nearest fire and die in it. Thank you.

You can be quite blunt sometimes, but you do have the 'accepted' opinions, so it's perfectly fine for you to speak your mind.:)

Hopefully the Viper survives as the kind of supercar your mother warned you about :)

When I was 7 I said to my mama, I said: "mama, I want an 8.4 liter V10 supercar with 600 horsepower". An lo, for there was fear in her eyes.

Last edited:
When I was 7 I said to my mama, I said: "mama, I want an 8.4 liter V10 supercar with 600 horsepower". An lo, for there was fear in her eyes.

QFT.

I don't see why Alfa couldn't build a new car on the Viper underpinnings. The 8C was based on an outdated Maserati platform and the car itself was unanimously determined to be crap at everything it was claimed to be.

Good looking italian car, seems to have that in spades.

Anyway, if the idea is Alfa will take the viper underpinnings and do something with that, I'd say that's a swell idea. That has to be the plan, no? What else would the plan be? just to take the engine and put it in one of their chassis?

^MiTo

NO.

DON'T YOU TOUCH THE VIPER, YOU.

You'd best watch yourself, son.

Hell I would like to do it myself, I want to see what it would look like if they mated... but I have the photoshopskills of a camel. :|
-EDIT-
However, a though crossed my mind. Abyone here wonder HOW and for how long this question has been cooking in OPs head? It really is a strange idea... how did he come up with it.

Last edited: