Nordschleife Ringmeet Thread

although if you were to camp I suppose Br?nnchen will be the place in consideration?
not if you actually plan to sleep at any time...

I?m planning to pop down there for a beer though some time around midnight
:mrgreen:

So, I?m driving to the ring one week from today, staying till sunday. Anybody gonna be there?

I am leaving for the ring in an hour and will be there this weekend, or most likely only till Saturday night. Next week unfortunately is my exams week :(

Well good luck! Ours end on thursday... and since I have to be able to drive friday morning, this will be the first time I don?t indulge in post-exam-extreme-heavy-drinking...

ellooo mr. ford!

vs_25072009_6.jpg

http://www.touristenfahrerforum.de/forum/showthread.php?threadid=44646

hell yeah :mrgreen:

18 laps this weekend, and the knowledge that low 9:20ish times are possible in a Mini One without pushing too hard.

No way man, I don?t let girls drive my car. :mrgreen:

No seriously, I?m actually starting to think that if you put someone with her knowledge of the ring in my car, and most importantly someone who isn?t as scared to crash his only means of transportation, you can get it round in close to 9 mins. I also still have the shit suspension...

:p

Hey if you can get a transit round there in 10 mins, a Mini should definitely be quicker. :mrgreen:

There?s also finally some onboard footage of my car, which I will share as soon as I get my hands on it.

Great, thanks. :)

Still no go on the meet, huh? :(

I better fire up GTR Evolution some more and learn the track.

Nah, no chance. I can?t bail on my dad?s 60th birthday/retirement party. But after this weekend it bothers me even more that I can?t go there again in one month. :|

Alok has invited me to his graduation this weekend. We could hit the ring after... Just a rough idea thrown out there.

Ford, you still havent got the KW suspension kit? tsts :)

Alok has invited me to his graduation this weekend. We could hit the ring after... Just a rough idea thrown out there.
I?d love to, but we?ve got to finish our Formula Student car in time for Hockenheim, and I already missed a whole weekend...

Ford, you still havent got the KW suspension kit? tsts :)

Yeah seriously, it?s starting to get ridiculous. And since I still haven?t got it I am living in constant fear of spending the money I saved for it on something else.:?

Maybe I hit the Ring this weekend with my dad.
He made a fatal mistake :)

I was talking about my Nordschleife lap in May:

"You and your Nordschleife"
-"One day I will take you round in the Audi"
"Yeah when summer tires are on"

Last weekend I reminded him...he was like "I never said that!" My mum from the side: "Oh yes you did" Dad: "?$%?%$"$" :D

Will be a Son-Dad thing though, no room for strange easteners ;)

wait... you guys all wanna go this weekend as in the one that starts in 4 days?

I hope you?re in good shape and that all the parts on your bicycles are in good working order. :mrgreen:

A friend of mine is actually gonna do a running lap, and reckons he can get round in 2 hours :blink:

edit: @alok
I also met Dino and Tobias at the ring yesterday. They didn?t let Dino on the track though so he was pretty pissed.

Last edited:
Hey I imagine Fuchsr?hre to be quite fun on a bike, but the bit from Bergwerk to Karussell would probably kill me...

wait... you guys all wanna go this weekend as in the one that starts in 4 days?

edit: @alok
I also met Dino and Tobias at the ring yesterday. They didn?t let Dino on the track though so he was pretty pissed.

I definitely wont make it. That week is definitely gonna be fucked for me,

Friday night -> Finals party
Saturday + Night -> Graduation + party
Sunday -> Brunch + Recuperation + Spending some time with GF
Monday -> Working for a biiiiig company in Offenbach, doing a promo film for them
Tuesday -> Recovery, meditation , thesis, study projects etc
Wednesday, Thursday -> Filming in France
Friday -> Patrick Ritzmann's Bday Bash at an Airbase in the middle of nowhere