Bugatti Veyron in Scottsdale - driving around!

hey Carey, can you tell me where the shopping parking lot in scootsdale its at. I have been eager to see a Bugatti with my own two eyes, as I have like you, only seen it on the internet. i also do amateur photography and would love to take a few snapshots of this thing.

thanks

If the car show is in the same place its been in the past (I moved out of AZ a few years ago), it's in the Scottsdale Pavilions mall on the north side of Indian Bend between the car wash and McDonnalds, kinda by the Best Buy. Take the 101 to Indian Bend and head west less than a 1/4 mile.

Yeah, the car has been at the Pavillions before, just today it was at Cars and Coffee at Bondurant. Guy's real nice, I was able to get a ride in it for a few hot laps, and a 0-60 run. It's an awesome car, it really pushes you in your seat. I'll post a vid after i upload it. But, the guy does own a site, and he was the one who did 219 in that LP640, he was talking about it at the show, and how he was waiting for cars to pass on the side of the road..

Also, while at the show his gas cap had gotten stuck closed.. It was sorta funny to see on a $1.2M+ car.. Then after Bob Bondurant went around a track for 2 laps, it was popped open when he pulled into pit row. It was one hell of an experience.

Last edited:
Yeah, the car has been at the Pavillions before, just today it was at Cars and Coffee at Bondurant. Guy's real nice, I was able to get a ride in it for a few hot laps, and a 0-60 run. It's an awesome car, it really pushes you in your seat. I'll post a vid after i upload it. But, the guy does own a site, and he was the one who did 219 in that LP640, he was talking about it at the show, and how he was waiting for cars to pass on the side of the road..

Also, while at the show his gas cap had gotten stuck closed.. It was sorta funny to see on a $1.2M+ car.. Then after Bob Bondurant went around a track for 2 laps, it was popped open when he pulled into pit row. It was one hell of an experience.

I'm new to Phoenix. When is the "Cars & Coffee"?! I'd love to attend that!

Matt

I'm new to Phoenix. When is the "Cars & Coffee"?! I'd love to attend that!

Matt

Hey Matt, first off, welcome to Phoenix! Secondly, the Cars and Coffee is a get-together where a bunch of people bring their cars to show. The cars there range from ferraris, classic chevys, datsun Z's, some tuners, much of what you'd find at the Pavillions car show, just on a smaller scale. The meets are the second Saturday of every month, so the next is held on the 11th. The show is early 7:30-9:30, but usually lasts a bit longer. The show is held at Bondurant School, which is at gate 3 of the firebird raceway, south of chandler. Well, I hope to see you at the next show.

And, A bit more on topic, here are some of my pictures, and a couple videos.
So, enjoy!

Bob and Rusty With it
3629435249_9caa57727b.jpg

The license plate as well as the Frame. HAHA
3629445053_47c51909e6.jpg

Me in the car, you can see my kicks.
3630376824_e2aea514c0.jpg

Calling about the gas-cap.
3629547449_cc1a6eccb7.jpg

In the paddock.
3630371268_9f47357c32.jpg

VIDEOS:
Idling in pit row
[YOUTUBE]ox155wwNDQM[/YOUTUBE]

My ride
[YOUTUBE]yyTudSz8KW8[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, i know the straps got in the way, but that's beside the point.

Also, update on the car. According to a couple of good sources, and the owner himself, the car is actually the fabled upgraded "GT" Version of the car. costing the owner about 1.4M in upgrades and research, ontop of the car price. I feel sorry for him, the tires wear after 4000mi and cost $36,000 to replace.

Last edited:
"ZR-1 for Lunch. Ferrari for Dinner" :lol:

Last edited:
The only time i've ever seen a Veryon, two for that matter, is in La Jolla. While it had NV plates, cool that it was in AZ. The few times i've been out to Pavilions for the show there isn't much of a "super car" presence.

Anytime i'm out at Fashion Square i'm sure to walk by the valet to eye whats parked outside Kona/Yard House. Usually some good stuff.

The only time i've ever seen a Veryon, two for that matter, is in La Jolla. While it had NV plates, cool that it was in AZ.

That's a really cool experience macminter. I wish I could go down there some time (living in Canada makes that hard though lol). Plus he sounds like a pretty cool guy and actually tracks the car, which is pretty uncommon for people who own expensive cars. The license plate cover is the best though "ZR-1 for lunch, Ferrari for dinner" is epic.

I need to visit AZ and tell my cousins about this. I got one of them into TG recently, and he'd totally be up for going to this kind of thing! Why do I have to live so far away from EVERYTHING?!

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like he's clueless on how to really drive that thing.:lol: