Random Thoughts....

Just looking at one of the factors in natural selection backs this up, stating: Individuals that are better able to cope with the challenges presented by their environment tend to leave more offspring than those individuals less suited to the environment do.
Basically, unfavorable genes are meant to be stopped before they are able to spread.

Sure, but you're reading into that a bit much. Individuals who are better able to cope with challenges presented by their environment are individuals who live longer lives, whether from being hardier to survive adverse weather, or faster to be able to escape predators, et cetera, and in living longer are able to leave more offspring than those who are not as well suited to the environment and end up dying earlier.

Of course, humans are very much different than every wild lifeform. We're above survival of the fittest, our gene pool is full of worthless genes that should never have been able to breed in the first place, and we poison ourselves on a daily basis with the garbage we eat and all the nasty pollutants and chemicals we come in contact with daily. Infertile people aren't necessarily infertile because they should be, they may be that way only because of their environment (and obviously people naturally get infertile in middle age but for strange reason think that they should still be allowed to have children).

kat- problem with adoption in Australia is that it is so hard to adopt, even in comparison to the high costs and low chances of IVF. I think I have mentioned this before, but I know a couple who are in the correct age bracket (over 18, under 40), married, in a good house, great income, loving people, no criminal history- and yet the government has refused their application to bring their adopted Chinese daughter into the country for 5 years now. The little girl is now 8 and still living in the orphanage. They have spent that much money on the applications, flights to China, money so she can actually survive in the orphanage, etc tht IVF would have been much less money- and here's the thing. They can conveive naturally, they just want to help a girl who really needs it and aren't being allowed to. It's really wrong.

Google Hugh Jackman's wife (Deborah something or other) and read up on her campaign to relax the adoption rules over here. She was basically forced to go overseas to adopt because Australia wouldn't let her do it over here. And it's no easier for intra-country adoption.

These systems really need to be fixed, especially since there is nothing done about violent criminals having their own children. :?

Oh you are kidding me....

Bloody idiots doing our next door neighbour's panoramic doors for their renovation have parked over our driveway again. Now on Friday, it was fine as I didn't need to go anywhere, but today, I have to leave to go do my FREAKING HSC in 40 minutes!!!!!!

If they aren't gone by 1:15 there is going to be hell to pay.....

Sure, but you're reading into that a bit much. Individuals who are better able to cope with challenges presented by their environment are individuals who live longer lives, whether from being hardier to survive adverse weather, or faster to be able to escape predators, et cetera, and in living longer are able to leave more offspring than those who are not as well suited to the environment and end up dying earlier.

Of course, humans are very much different than every wild lifeform. We're above survival of the fittest, our gene pool is full of worthless genes that should never have been able to breed in the first place, and we poison ourselves on a daily basis with the garbage we eat and all the nasty pollutants and chemicals we come in contact with daily. Infertile people aren't necessarily infertile because they should be, they may be that way only because of their environment (and obviously people naturally get infertile in middle age but for strange reason think that they should still be allowed to have children).
And that's what is wrong with the human population, we pump ourselves full of crap and then are surprised when it turns out that crap is killing us. But of course there's a treatment for that because no one deserves to die, ever, be it they are 8 or 88.

And perhaps I am reading too much into it but that's only because I wish that the human race would stop killing itself by starving their resources.

Byrdie, if I were you, I'd start calling both the cops (if that's appropriate in your area) and everyone I knew who could give me a ride if necessary. Don't want until the last minute to get it sorted out.

Knock and ask politely if they would not mind moving their vehicle please as you can not get out.

^ First, try this. People make mistakes.

Byrdie, if I were you, I'd start calling both the cops (if that's appropriate in your area) and everyone I knew who could give me a ride if necessary. Don't want until the last minute to get it sorted out.

^ But be ready to do this. People are douchebags.

Issue is, my neighbours (whom we are good friends with) aren't home and I would have to go and talk to the supervisor. I have already had one big altercation with him over how he was being a hypocrite by complaining about the noise that some younger relatives of mine were making (they were playing in the pool and splashing about a bit, nothing too bad) when "his men" were swearing their heads off and talking about stuff that nobody should be shouting out in the vicinity of children. I told him this and he told me where I could stick my opinion, so i told him that i was a law student (kinda am!) and would be more than happy to report him to the MBA (industry regulators for builders) for breach of conduct and contracts (they are doing this job in double the time they should be talking because they are basically making double money by taking on 2 separate contracts at once- didn't tell the neighbours this). He shut up after that, but I don't want to talk to him again.

The truck has moved now, but it will be coming back soon (they are yelling about it- again), so I'm going to leave pretty soon to miss it. Worst case scenario I call both the cops and my neighbours and expalin the whole story to them. And the MBA, like I threatened. Only 4 weeks left of this- I hope.....

Leave now and get a coffee or something on the way. Last thing y ou want is to be stressed at the last minute.

What a waste of the cops time. And I guarantee the builders association will side with the builders rather than some Doogie Howser almost-law student, they have real issues to resolve. I've had one or two asshole neighbors, and like everyone else I've got caught up in my own ego and said stupid things. In my experience, being civil, and a live and let live attitude always work best. Holier than thou, not so much.

Leave now and get a coffee or something on the way. Last thing y ou want is to be stressed at the last minute.

This.

I always leave ridiculously early for exams so I can just get there and stop stressing/worrying about traffic, etc.

I dislike daylight savings time, alright great I'm going to the bus stop in the light but now I'm coming home and it's dark. The street I live on is more busy when I come home then when I leave so eventually I'm going to get hit.

I am having a shit-tastic day. Need something to cheer me up. And no, pics of Redliner's dick are NOT what I had in mind.

Anybody know anything that would boost a girl's spirits on a bad day?

My wii is broken and I have no money.
Lovely.

I am having a shit-tastic day. Need something to cheer me up. And no, pics of Redliner's dick are NOT what I had in mind.

Anybody know anything that would boost a girl's spirits on a bad day?

Have you already watched James' program from tonight?

My wii is broken and I have no money.
Lovely.

Check your PM box. That'll make you feel better.