Awesome Thread

Wow Obama is short

I'm thinking, wouldnt bait ships be a good idea? Ships that look like freighters but staffed by military personel.

I'm thinking, wouldnt bait ships be a good idea? Ships that look like freighters but staffed by military personel.

That'd be a brilliant idea recycled from World War 2.

edit - and, I suspect, thought of long before then

Last edited:
Awesome for the poses, not the politicians in question. Looks like they're running off to turn into Superman!

obama.595.jpg

They might be feeling the effects after eating that hamburger pizza death special.

Good idea but I think those pesky Geneva Conventions would get in the way.

Technically, the Falcon was never staffed by military. Militia, yes, but not military. :p

Hmm, are you counting the Rebel Alliance as militia in Return of the Jedi, when Lando and his crew took it against the Death Star?

Yes, I do count the Rebel Alliance more of a militia than proper military. Yes, I know General Madine and a good portion of the Alliance was former Imperial military, but they didn't have the resources to wage a full-scale war on the Empire, they had to choose their battles.

Wow! I wish I was that kid err and/or have a kid like that.

Wow! I wish I was that kid err and/or have a kid like that.

Most likely the son of Harri Rovanper?, which means that that kid's dad has connections, and if he drives like that at the age of 8, we'll see him as a world rally champion one day.

Clint Eastwood + GMC Typhoon?
Far too much awesome for just the automotive edition thread.

http://img186.imageshack.**/img186/970/clintawesome.jpg

Dear Hollywood,

Make this!

- Blind_Io

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2010/04/02/batman-riddlerNPH.jpg

We did that in WWII, they were called Q-Ships. We took freighters and fitted them with hidden deck guns. They acted like stragglers from a convoy, when a sub surfaced to shoot them with deck guns (thus saving an expensive torpedo), the Q-ship would drop a camouflaged panel, swing a gun out and sink the U-Boat.

Last edited:

I'd rather do it the other way around... I'd make my freighter look like a military ship... Chances of being attacked should be lower.

Eh, do both and confuse the fuck out of the pirates. Suddenly cargo ships are shooting back and the military ships are ignoring you.

Most likely the son of Harri Rovanper?, which means that that kid's dad has connections, and if he drives like that at the age of 8, we'll see him as a world rally champion one day.

Hope so. Kid's clearly got talent for the gig. It'll be interesting to follow his career.

And btw, wow. I could hardly walk at 8. :D