Entourage

I agree SS, I never had a problem with Vince before until now. I always took his behavior as just an actor trying to get what he wants, but he's come off this season as a large vagina who is completely incapable of standing up for himself (i.e. when everyone is in Dana Gordon's office and E finally says 'I'm not going to take everyone bashing Vince' and Vince just says 'Thank you, E' like he can't defend himself).

I always felt like they left stuff out whenever possible just because it wasn't convenient to keep the character or situation going to the next episode, but this season has taken it to a new level.

I still don't see where the E bashing is coming from though. I think he is the strongest character (besides Ari) and the most interesting. He has to babysit Vince all the time and seems to genuinely give a damn about his career, where Vince seems to care very little. I don't find his character annoying at all and I think its asinine to hear people say they wish they would kick him off the show. There would be no show without E, it would be Vince severely fucking up every decision he has to make, Vince allowing Turtle to do whatever he wants with whatever little money Vince has left, and Drama continuing his current downward spiral.

Fuck this.. is Curb Your Enthusiasm back yet? (edit: Just checked Wikipedia, they're supposed to start filiming in December. FUCK.)

I don't think they should kick E off the show, but his character has transformed from "one of the buddies"
to some sort of mediocre businessman-without-balls who does nothing important. Yes, his character does "help"
Vince's career from time to time, but it just doesn't seem all that interesting as far as plot goes.

The recipe for E's plotline is "Vince has a problem, everyone else is useless, so E talks a bit of sense into him",
and that's usually about it. Whenever E has to negotiate something he seems like a "little vagina" who's out of his league.

Well you could argue without E Vince's career would be better, there have been time where E has talked Vince into stuff but there have also been times where E fucked things over because he tried to do things and got in the way of ari doing things. If E left Vince would HAVE to listen to Ari, who for the most part has sound advice. If it were up to Ari Vince would have done Aquaman 2 (which made money) and wouldn't have been begging for work.

Prost, why did you have to mention Curb? I was doing just fine without it, I forgot about it even, and now than you mention it I am feening! In fact I am going to go watch the one where he buys weed.

:lol: sorry, but its been a year since its been on, its about time.

I want to go back and watch all of season 6 again, it was so classic.

Hmm, so many replies all of sudden. :)

I think this has definitely been the worst season of Entourage. Other seasons had some bad episodes, but this one as a whole is proving to be something I will forgot in a month. They've just been off this season, and it seems like it went buy so much quicker than 10 weeks.

Prost, I had forgotten about Curb too... the way season 6 ended I thought it was over for good, so it's nice to see it will come back at some point. If you're looking for a show to watch, check out Californication on Showtime.

It's not really like Entourage, but neither is Curb. I think if you find these two humorous, you'll like Californication too. It's very well written too, aside from just being an enjoyable 30 minutes.

Nearly feels like a random ending.

Spent all year taking us to the brink, then they wrapped it up in 2 minute? What the hell.

That was fucking retarded.

I could have written a better season all by myself. Seriously, the ending was so stupid. I would have been happier if they left us hanging until next season at the point where Vince has no prospects and fires E.

And Vince is horrible, as now we know he wasn't supposed to suck in those 'dailies' from Smoke Jumpers. His conversation with Marty Scorsese was so weird, he didn't even say anything to him.

Oh, and God dammit Doug Ellin, why did he have to bring back Turtle's fatass cousin from 24? I think this season pretty much brought back all the old characters aside from Terrence and Mandy Moore for cheap cameos.

I did laugh when Turtle's mom caught him having phone sex with Meadow... must suck to live with your parents again at that age. I wonder if Johnny Drama's will be another bad investment by Johnny Drama. The name is catchy though, great for a dingy bar; at least they resolved the issue about Drama having/not having savings.

Basically, the scene where Turtle's mom catches Turtle during phone sex - that's the only funny thing this whole season. Apart from Ari bitchslapping that guy... and that was only funny because of Jeremy Piven.

So, this entire season was one big yawn-fest with awkward, inconsequential events and scenes which don't seem all that interesting... and... in the last few minutes of the last episode something interesting happens ( the conflict between E and Vince ), but they resolve it straight away, and then add a lot of stuff which they'll probably skip over in the next season.

What about a season where things will evolve gradually, with a story arc, and some events which have later consequences, some humor, and possibly some insight into what the life and work of these industry types brings besides running around in Aston Martins and banging characterless babes.

I honestly can't see anything interesting in the usual Entourage scene where for example, E meets some chick,
and he hugs her and then they talk a bit, and then everyone goes their separate ways. Is that some sort of targeted-group fantasy? Having autistic conversations with forgettable women?

Well, that sort of stuff seemed to work in the first few seasons, because it was about formerly poor buddies who live through every kid's fantasy of being famous... but gradually it transformed into boring hollywood types meeting other boring hollywood types.

I think this show is over.

After I watched the final episode and realized how truly terrible the season has been I started to think what they could do to make the next season actually interesting.

I came up with nothing. These characters and their stories are no longer interesting. It was great at the beginning to watch Vince try to rise to the top but he got there, and it was fun for a while, and then they had to start shit where he would "rebel" against the studio and do another indie project which started his decline. Honestly, they could have left it at that rather than the crap they gave us this season.

All of the sudden Scorsese wants Vince in the lead of his [retarded sounding] movie because he saw a few scenes of a failed movie? Why couldn't Scorsese have watch scenes from Queens Boulevard? I'm sure they gave more insight into Vince's acting than a few scenes from Smoke Jumpers.

I'm sure I'll give the next season a chance, but now its on an incredibly short leash. I had to cut off The Office because it got too stupid, I can do it to Entourage for being too boring. Who knows, I was close to never watching new episodes of Top Gear again, and then it redeemed itself the this season and the last, maybe Entourage can do the same.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Curb needs to come back ASAP.

As shit as this show has been lately, can't say I'm not excited for the season premiere tomorrow.

That season finale was really crappy from what I can remember, hopefully they wrap up that storyline quickly and move on to better thangs.

Just finished watching every season up to season 6. I can't wait for season 7 (scheduled to start in July)! :D

Also, Mark Wahlberg said there will be 2 more seasons (including 7) and a movie after the show is done! :w00t:

What a great episode the last one of season 6 was; it could easily have passed for a series finale, but there's still more to come! :D

Last edited:
I just started watching this show a few months ago and I am hooked, Ari is easily one of the best characters out there.

I hope you started with season 1. The first three were arguably the best seasons, then it began its descent..

Actually, for me, it started out good, but kept getting better and better as the actors got used to their characters (especially Jeremy Piven with Ari; just watch the first episode to see what I mean. :)). Yes, it did go downhill a bit during seasons 4 and 5, but picked up again during season 6.

I hope you started with season 1. The first three were arguably the best seasons, then it began its descent..

The first season was alright, Ari was too much of a bitch and wasn't nearly as funny without Lloyd. I've enjoyed the rest a lot but I think peoples' expectations for the show were unrealistic. I had never seen an episode until a few months ago so I've come into this fresh and I just don't agree with a lot of the complaints I've been seeing.

For those of you who don't know, the 7th season premiered last night (Sun. June 27th).

The 1st episode was ok, better than I was expecting but nothing great by any means. It was cool to see Vince actually recognizing and then wanting to do something about the fact that he is in fact a huge pussy.

Started watching this roughly a month ago, a friend who had told me about it in the past brought season 1 during a race weekend, and we watched season 1 in the evenings over that weekend in his trailer.

I was hooked.

The next race weekend, he brought season 2, we went through it, and I could wait a month for the next race weekend to start season 3, so last week I went out and bought the first 5 seasons on DVD and the 6th season on Bluray.

In the past week I've watched the whole season 3, the whole season 4 (finished it at 2 AM this morning), and re-watched season 1 and most of season 2 with a good friend of mine who didn't know about that show. He is now as hooked as I am.

Started watching this roughly a month ago, a friend who had told me about it in the past brought season 1 during a race weekend, and we watched season 1 in the evenings over that weekend in his trailer.

I was hooked.

The next race weekend, he brought season 2, we went through it, and I could wait a month for the next race weekend to start season 3, so last week I went out and bought the first 5 seasons on DVD and the 6th season on Bluray.

In the past week I've watched the whole season 3, the whole season 4 (finished it at 2 AM this morning), and re-watched season 1 and most of season 2 with a good friend of mine who didn't know about that show. He is now as hooked as I am.

"How about a steak eric, is that something you might be interested in?" lmao

Well, since my last post (4 days ago), I've watched seasons 5 and 6, and the first episode of season 7. I now need to wait for each new episodes to air :(