Posmo's Sierras or something?

Put some electrics etc. back in the car, result: right front parking light doesn't work, and the only light working in the right rear cluster is the indicator. Also, 90% of the dash lights are out. Troubleshooting ahead..

EDIT: Could this be caused by a faulty relay?

Last edited:
It could be, but without an electrical diagram or specific knowledge of your electrical system, nobody can say for sure.

Drivers side Recaro is in :)

Headliner, rear seats, and most of the pillar trims are now in place. Welding on the final spot has commenced. :)

Bits of interior left to go:

-Rearmost pillar trims. These will be fitted after I get the final spot welded, and the rear seatbelts reattached

-Lower dash. This will remain unfitted until I have all of the dashboard bulbs, etc. swapped for new ones and all the electrical problems fixed.

-Front kickpanels. These will be fitted after the lower dash is in

-Passenger seat. Needs rails welded.

-front kickpanels. Will be fitted after I fit the lower dash

After those, the interior is 100% in place. Also took the rear bumper off in preparation for the painting which will commence sometime this month.

Everything is welded, and all the inner arches and bumpers have been removed for cosmetic work. Do you think I should paint the lip spoiler white aswell? :)

EDIT: along with the bumpers I mean.

Last edited:
Keep it black so it stands out in a good way. White wouldn't work as well.

Keep it black so it stands out in a good way. White wouldn't work as well.

Im leaning against not painting it aswell, that way I would use less paint, and it wouldn't look like shit if it had a few chips in it :)

EDIT: Bumpers stripped of rubber trim and plates.

Last edited:
too expensive for my taste..

Although launch control and flat shift would be nice :p

Expensive? Its cheaper than buying an MS2 with wiring.

There are prebuilt MS2's for sale here for around 150?

Wow! Thats really cheap. Is that for a new one? Any websites?

Wow! Thats really cheap. Is that for a new one? Any websites?

MS1 I mean*

Nope, not new, I've seen fully assembled, used MS1 kits go for around 150? on finsquirt forums.

MS1 I mean*

Nope, not new, I've seen fully assembled, used MS1 kits go for around 150? on finsquirt forums.

Oh. I see. Makes more sense then an MS1 is just 240$ new.

Were those pictures what you needed?

Yeah, just took a look at them, and they were just what I needed :) Are those things holding the rocker covers in place some sort of plastic tabs, or actual pop rivets? :) I'll start fitting the bodykit as soon as I can get some fiberglass and resin to fix a few spots :)

I think the title of this thread should be changed from "First car, it's a good one" to, "First car, It's a giant project" :p

Looking good otherwise though!

Alright, I've decided to leave the bottom of the car black, there are several reasons:

- The half black look is very "80's", which put me off previously, but then again this is an 80's car, and it should look that way
- Individuality, not a lot of cars after the 80's are painted this way
- The gloss black paint is less than half the cost of colour coded white paint (which would not match perfectly anyways), and I will need less of it.
- This picture:

3398482472_305cfda1ba_b.jpg