2010 Santander British Grand Prix

Don't like Senna but do feel dearly for him. I hope to see him back soon

He'll be back at the next race and in the seat for the rest of the season. SPEED confirmed it with team principles at Silvertone during their coverage of FP2.

So I expect Karun either needs to score points on Sunday or add a zero to his checks if he wants to keep Yamamoto out of his seat.

Someone else watching the free practice?
The McLarens dont seem to find a good balance.. are they running the blown diffuser and sticking to it?

The circuit looks entertaining but a little bit bumpy considering it went under work, they could have flattened it a bit more. Yesterday one of the Virgins if I remember it was Glock was bottoming out 1994-style

Last edited:
Nah they ditched the blown diffuser, so they're a bit behind the eight ball I guess in terms of setup work. They'll get there.

They better get there magically in the next 2 hours otherwise they might end up mid field...
They were showing a couple of replays of turn 11 and how different cars handle, it's full of bumps, the McLarens were all over the place ultimately running wide, there's something wrong with their suspension there. The Virgins still bottoming out, which is weird.

It's gonna be a really interesting qualifying for sure.

Doesn't look good for Maccas at all, I'd be happy for Hamilton if he gets 5th.

So I expect Karun either needs to score points on Sunday or add a zero to his checks if he wants to keep Yamamoto out of his seat.

Nope. Karun's dad is the head of the indian motorsports governing body and Karun's presence in Formula One (at HRT now, at Force India later) is part of Bernie's and his plan to make Formula One bigger than god in India. If Karun's in danger of losing his seat, Bernie personally may write a check, discreetly, to keep him going.

Yikes Button P14. He better be starting that rain dance pronto...

EDIT: Holy mother of cock... the Red Bulls. Lets hope Ferrari are able to bring them the fight on the circuit because this is pretty bad :lol:

EDIT 2: Vettel said Wakka Wakka Baby :blowup:

Last edited:
Ok so pleased to be right in my predictions, McLaren out of the first places, Rosberg and MSC didnt do their best there otherwise they'd have knocked Hamilton down further...
Those RBRs are so quick in quali... we'll see how the race goes, since Alonso is always a quick starter (sometimes too quick xD), Hamilton too, unlike Vettel and Webber who sometimes mess up.
Lets see what happens

edit* just seen the on board pole lap, that guy does several of the corners flat out where other people lift off... that's the difference, they're getting so much time there.

Last edited:
I'm now convinced that RB have an ECU program that allows exhaust gasses to be fed onto the diffuser constantly. Using it in Q3 and posting such times makes complete sense. This is just ridiculos now. We are watching Formula red bull.

I hate to disagree with you yet again, but MSC's performance was the best he could give, as good (or bad) in comparisation to Rosberg as always...
McLaren might not be on top of their game here and are clearly beaten by Ferrari for the first time this season, but they are still way ahead of Brawncedes - what makes me wonder much more is that Renault did not deliver the challenge to Merc's position as the fourth quickest car in the field that everyone expected.

I'm now convinced that RB have an ECU program that allows exhaust gasses to be fed onto the diffuser constantly. Using it in Q3 and posting such times makes complete sense. This is just ridiculos now. We are watching Formula red bull.

It's not ridiculous. It's just a much better car but the others will catch up. It's like last season's BGP001, it's a brilliant car, but the others will catch up. After all, McLaren is still leading the scoreboard, which says it all.

EDIT: Isn't the ECU a standard part anyways, which would put your assumption right into tin-foil hat territory?

Last edited:
I hate to disagree with you yet again, but MSC's performance was the best he could give, as good (or bad) in comparisation to Rosberg as always...

Doesn't explain why he was half a second slower or so in q3 than in q2.

The RB can post quick qually lap times because of the Ignition retardation technique that they can only use for a lap or two, because it's detrimental to engine life.

They usually leave it towards right at the end which is why their final laps often look like they are absolutely on rails. The technique supposedly allows the EBD to not be turned off mid corner even if the driver lifts from throttle.

Now RB do bitch about the power on the Renault Engine, but I bet you the boys with the Benz engines would have a much harder time making this work for them.

It is ridiculous, because I'm tired of Vettel and Webber either showing fingers or acting snobbish when triumphant and I also have enough of this lack of development from others. I don't like Mclaren, but I want them and Ferrari to wipe the floor with Red Bull.

About the ECU exhaust control, visit F1tech RB thread. Also have a dictionary prepared, some long ass words get thrown around there.

Only one run because of a shortage of tires, then any number of potential factors. He didn't have another lap to make up for a possible mistake.

So it was hardly the best performance he could, as per the original point?