Any rocketeers? :)

jmb

Car(s)
BMW 120D M-Sport
Yesterday, I launched the rocket the missus got me for christmas (finally!) and we attached a keyfob camera to it... went well, on the first launch we completely lost sight of it!

Back in junior high our final project in shop was to build a rocket and if it got 3 successful launches, we got a 100. I remember the kit I bought recommended a maximum of the C6-0 engine. I bought C6-7s :D

Dammit, I got really excited for a minute.....

rocketeer_wall.jpg

I can't remember if I've seen that movie or not!

Still working out the engines, the numbers appear to be to do with the time the power is released in, and the last number is the delay before the chute opens, but a "B" or a "C" will always have the same overall power... I think.

I like the idea of a multi-stage next...

Not seen "The Rocketeer"? If you had you would have been in no doubt! Sacriledge!

Get back to 4chan where you belong you.... you.....you deviant!

its not the worlds best film but its just the kind of film you can just stick on and enjoy as a piece of fun.

Am I the only one who watched that video while listening to the Apollo 13 soundtrack?

You'd be amazed how many people put the Apollo 13 launch soundtrack over their 'tube vids. And CraigB - you child! But I have to love piggy's head thrown backwards at about 1:28. Result! :)

Yesterday, I launched the rocket the missus got me for christmas (finally!) and we attached a keyfob camera to it... went well, on the first launch we completely lost sight of it!

rocketeer.jpg

217500072_M3Cy8-L-2.jpg

And CraigB - you child! But I have to love piggy's head thrown backwards at about 1:28. Result! :)

The chassis is all custom built with wheels for a radio control car. The axles are 1/4" stock. I need to dig it out of the garage and refresh it for a few runs. Piggy also needs some repairs, he's been burnt a few times. Maybe I'll mount his head to a steel body.

I haven't in a few years. It is one of the activities that I would do with my nieces/nephews. The only ones that would be interested in it now all live at least a few hours drive away and I don't get enough time to do stuff like this anymore. But three are here this week, so I may drag out the box o'rocket stuff and go launch a few.

EDIT, the Rocketeer is the best movie Disney ever made.

I had a couple model rockets when I was younger. Sadly, I lost both in a single day. On the first one, the cord connecting the nosecone + chute to the body of the rocket snapped, with cone + chute landing in a cornfield a couple miles away, never to be found. On the other the flameproof padding failed, leading to a fiery end to the rocket.

Luckily, I got a couple model rockets last year as a gift from my employer, because of their 20th anniversary. I have yet to launch them tho.

Loved shooting rockets when I was a kid. Now I kinda want to get back into it seeing those videos.

Also, The Rocketeer was one of my favorite childhood movies. Haven't seen it in probably ten years though.