The one that got away

uhh...i think he means $6k for a sw20. nsx are ~$40-50k here.

Yeah, other than the E30, like you were ever gonna be able to get any of those :tease:
Due to lack of funds, garage space or arthritis, there are going to be cars we have always wanted to own, but probably never will. Which items of desire have been on your special list, but may yet prove a bridge too far?
Cool story bro

6K for an NSX?!
I'm fucken flying to the states to bring one back. Fucken NSXs here are at least $50K, and almost all of them have a fucken 4 speed automatic.
Yeah, because NSXs were SW20s and came with turbo :p

6K for an NSX?!

I'm fucken flying to the states to bring one back. Fucken NSXs here are at least $50K, and almost all of them have a fucken 4 speed automatic.
No 6K was for the SW20. NSX here is 20-30K in general.
Yeah, because NSXs were SW20s and came with turbo
I would kill for a Turbo NSX though :D

I've only gone car shopping twice in my life, and the second time I got about the best thing I could think of in my budget, but when I was on my permit, my dad had a 1975 Pontiac Grandville convertible. We sold it before I had my license. If I had pushed for it, I could probably have convinced him to keep it for my first car. It's a terrible idea, but looking back, it would have been way more fun than anything else I would have ended up with (as much as the Sebring treated me well).

L01.jpg

Same color combo.

One that got away and I'm happy it did was a mint green Altima, the thing was in need of desperate repair and the guy wanted $3,500

No 6K was for the SW20. NSX here is 20-30K in general.

I would kill for a Turbo NSX though :D

20-30K for an NSX is still like half the price of one here.......

The one that got away? I actually owned what I let get away. My biggest regret was not keeping my '99 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor in near mint condition mechanically and cosmetically. The reasons why I traded it? The gas gauge went out (I ran out of gas twice) and I was unemployed and the fuel bills were killing me. I should of just been a damned adult and kept track of my gas mileage and not drove so hard to conserve fuel.

ARGH, I'll NEVER forgive myself.

as im only young i have time to not let cars i want to get away from me, however in the UK with the current fuel prices and rising road tax etc... i feel that within a few years im going to be priced off the road if i want to own these cars.

i must have a bright orange focus ST

and i must have an E39 M5

if i can own these two cars at some point, i will be happy

BobBurge1-AA.jpg

:( I had an XJ12 just like this i had to sell in 2006 because it would NOT STOP OVERHEATING. (I was later told by a forum member here it was an easy fix... grr)

There are many 'dreamcars, but the next 2 cars are certainly the most special ones on my list :

The Kirkham handcrafted cobra-replica 427 LeMans :
427lemans01.jpg

The Ford Mustang 'Eleanor' handcrafted , licensed and build by Custom Creations :
08BHD282306262E.jpeg

I do prefer real trackcars though , but those are the most obvious ones to put down here...
These 2 cars however , i'll never get the money for , but for me they do have a place in my carloving-heart !

Wkr,
Lc

Too many to list but a Lancia Delta Intergrale is near the top of the list. Oh and the Stratos too. Ford GT40 - original one in Gulf livery would be nice too.

:( I had an XJ12 just like this i had to sell in 2006 because it would NOT STOP OVERHEATING. (I was later told by a forum member here it was an easy fix... grr)

I wonder who might that be :lol:

BobBurge1-AA.jpg

So had you talked to Spectre before...

images

When I bought my CJ, I was also looking at buying an 1978 El Camino. It had a fresh 350 in it and I had the plans/budget to put a 6spd manual into it.

Unfortunaltey the guy who was selling it didn't want to sell it that badly, he just replyed to my wanted ad. He was also very busy and lived in Squamish (ie. far away) therefore the deal never happened.

2uyojeu.jpg

Sold it. Couldn't resist the excellent price I got, and I was in a jam money-wise at the time.

Should've kept it.

Quoted for truth. It was a humble, well-preserved motor with a hamster wheel for an engine, but the hamster never ran out of puff.

I regret selling my 106. It was a bit of a chav car, but I had so much fun owning it as my first. Maybe I'll get a GTI one day.

I wanted to get a Jensen GT at one point but changed my mind. Wish I hadn't, they only made 509 before the company died and most were sold in America. Since then I've only seen two for sale here, both museum quality and about twice the price.

15168-1990-BMW-318iS.jpg

Could have snagged one for $800 two years ago before I got my license. Would have been an epic project car with my dad.