Doctor Who

i knew i had seen that interior before, although the bigger question is. who killed the Doctor?

i knew i had seen that interior before, although the bigger question is. who killed the Doctor?

Yes I recognised it too, not that it helped me work anything out at all. Shame for Amy now Rory's dead, but I thought the sickness was after seeing the aliens. River was doing the same, could she be pregnant too?

Looking forward to next weeks episode. :)

Just bought three bags of jelly babies ($12!) for the BBC America premiere. I'm stonked.

Yes I recognised it too, not that it helped me work anything out at all. Shame for Amy now Rory's dead, but I thought the sickness was after seeing the aliens. River was doing the same, could she be pregnant too?

Looking forward to next weeks episode. :)

Rory isn't dead since he appeared in next week's preview. My guess is that the marks on their skins (Amy, Rory, River and i think the Doctor) are markings to for each time they see the Silence. some way of trying to remember them. I knew i was going to come away with tonights episode with more questions than answers. but i didn't expect there to be this many questions. I also get the impression that the mystery surrounding who killed the Doctor won't be resolved by next week's episode either

trailers for next weeks episode. Spoilered for those who haven't seen 6x01: The Impossible Astronaut

How do you know for sure they're in America?

Because Mark Sheppard shows up! My Dad and I have both watched enough of the American scifi shows he's been in we recognized him instantly. Definitely the darkest beginning of a series yet.

Some scary stuff there.

Not convinced that Amy is really pregnant. Again, something to do with the silence.

Also

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFEk8Nx-1Tc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/youtube]

Where as before, it was a different video.

Last edited:
It's OK, Moffat, I didn't want to sleep tonight anyways.

Also:

Can Rory make babies now that he's all plastic?

ok here's my theory.
right at the start of the episode we saw the Doctor in georgian times and during the war. We know that there's a 2 part world war 2 storyline coming up soon (when the season goes on its break, it will do so with a 2 part episode.) so my theory is that Season 6 will be the path leading up to the Doctor's demise and the final episode of season 6 will revolve around those first 10 minutes.

another theory, i reckon that there is some connection between Amy Pond and River Song. either Amy is pregnant with River or... and this is a long shot... River is a older version of Amy.

It's OK, Moffat, I didn't want to sleep tonight anyways.

yup, i didn't sleep much last night. kept having dreams of the Silence and trying to convince people they were there. DAMN YOU MOFFAT!

Not convinced that Amy is really pregnant. Again, something to do with the silence.

since we saw River exhibiting the same symptoms. Either the Silence are responsible or the Doctor and Rory have been very naughty

also for those of you who like Murray Golds music, spoilered since one of the track titles gives away a pretty big plot detail.
[video=youtube;Fw-bba4IeM0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw-bba4IeM0[/video]

Last edited:
I just remembered that on the day that Elisabeth Sladen died, there was also announced the discovery of the world's largest spider fossil. Methinks someone (or something) from Metebelis III is at work here. (obscure?)

Was that one of the Pertwee series' stories?

Wow! Great promise for the rest of this season. So many questions raised.

And finally Alex Kingston seems to be wearing the part of River Song comfortably as it was the first time I actually found the character convicing.

Nice touch having father and son playing the two generations of Canton Everett Delaware III, although my first thought when I saw his older self was "Cool! It's Blank Reg!"

Was that one of the Pertwee series' stories?

That was Jon Pertwee's final story. "planet of the spiders"

Wow! Great promise for the rest of this season. So many questions raised.
And finally Alex Kingston seems to be wearing the part of River Song comfortably as it was the first time I actually found the character convicing.
Nice touch having father and son playing the two generations of Canton Everett Delaware III, although my first thought when I saw his older self was "Cool! It's Blank Reg!"

i didn't click that Mark Sheppard was the son of W. Morgan Sheppard, despite having seen them in so many other shows. Mark from Battlestar Galactica and Firefly, W. Morgan having appeared in a long list of sci fi shows, Babylon 5, Star Trek along as appearing in Transformers (the 2007 film) and NCIS.

also, love the quote from one of my favorite episodes, Blink in your sig.

Last edited:
look closer and try not to forget.
[video=youtube;GFEk8Nx-1Tc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFEk8Nx-1Tc[/video]

yup, i didn't sleep much last night. kept having dreams of the Silence and trying to convince people they were there. DAMN YOU MOFFAT!

I had nightmares about Weeping Angels for some reason. They were hanging around school. They stole all my books and broke my arm. Pretty random. :|

Anyways, I seriously want to see Day of the Moon RIGHT NOW. DAMN YOU MOFFAT INDEED.

Previews of 6x02: Day of the Moon have been released. Spoilered for those yet to watch 6x01: The Impossible Astronaut.

I had nightmares about Weeping Angels for some reason. They were hanging around school. They stole all my books and broke my arm. Pretty random. :|

That is indeed random. I'm still dreaming about GLaDOS and Portal, not got around to Doctor Who dreams yet. :lol: