Would you rather have a new Z06 or a second hand Ferrari 360

Would you rather have a new Z06 or a second hand Ferrari 360

• Total voters
http://img107.imageshack.**/img107/6855/flamingthread6vn.jpg

youngwarrior said:
flyingfridge said:
^^ You, are a fuckwit

Poor boy cant handle the fact that cars with 120hp less, or with two extra doors can beat your precious Z06 :mrgreen:

I think if you actually read the thread, you'd find that I voted 360 and are not a particular fan of the Z06. What I can accept, is both are great cars in their own right.

I just think you're a fuckwit.

youngwarrior said:
Ok I was gonna do a separate thread to shutup the Z06 fanboys but I will just post some of it now.

Ive underlined the times of interest. As you can see the 996 GT3 beats the Z06 round the 'ring whilst having 120hp less. Also the 997TT beats it aswell, and it has alot more to give the magazine test driver claims, as it wasnt done in the best of conditions. The 997 GT3 time was done during the development of the car by porsche. They say the final version will be 8 secs faster than that. Thats a time of 7'39 and we havent even seen what the 997 GT3 RS can do. then look at the BMW M3 CSL time of 7'50, again 120 hp less over half the displacement and started life as a 4 door saloon and only 7 secs slower than the Z06.

So, in essence, you've proved that the cars that beat the Z06 are either 1) supercars that are way more expensive or 2) stripped-out racing versions of already quick cars (GT3) and still more expensive.

So, the real facts are this: If you want to go faster than a Z06, you have to either spend a ton of money on a supercar of some sort, or sacrifice all creature comforts and drive a race car. So, again, you've proved nothing other than the fact the Z06 is an incredible performance bargain. Who cares if the stripped-out, lightweight, and bloody expensive GT3 is slightly faster with less horsepower? It doesn't even have an interior at all - wow, I guess the Z06 does have a better interior than a European car! Imagine that!

Look at the standard C6 time. Its beaten by a 1700kg Audi RS4, again a car that started off life as a humble family car and has only got 14 extra horse but a higher centre of gravity and more weight. The RS4 time was also done in the winter unlike the vette times which were done in the heat of summer. Also the NSX-R beats it with a whopping 70 less horses.

We're not discussing the regular C6. But, while we're at it, do you know how much a NSX-R sold for?

$470,000!!

And it barely beats a bog standard Corvette? Pathetic! :lmao:

Then theres this about the ZO6 time. Feast your eyes on this.

http://img214.imageshack.**/img214/419/propaganda6jt.png

I'd be more inclined to give that image credit if the file name was something other than "propaganda6jt.png" Propaganda, eh?

All the other cars did theyre lap times whilst the public was on the track at the same time! GM had the track all to themselves!

So, you bang on about how GM should spend more money on developing engiens, yet when they spend money to have the facilities to properly tune the car's suspension, you criticize them! That reeks of hypocrisy and retardation.

GM also had a ex F1 driver piloting theyre car, so no excuses of him being a slow driver, infact he knows the nurburgring like the back of his hand.

...so? I fail to see the point of that comment, but whatever...

Also the Z06 wasnt stock. All other cars did theyre lap times whilst stock

What pieces on the car were not stock? What components were changed? The suspension was adjusted, not changed. The tires were changed, yes, but there's no info on what they were changed to.[i/] For all we know, they changed the tire profile very little.

So taking this into account the Z06 would have been atleast 8 secs slower than the lap time it posted, if they hadnt changed suspension settings, tyres and most importantly, whilst the public was on the track at the same time!

So, which bodily orifice did you pull "8 seconds" from? Who says they can't change suspension settings, that's a standard component of the Z06 and a fair advantage for the car. Are you saying the other manufacturers didn't change their adjustable suspension settings? I didn't think so.

Then also look at the time difference between the Z06 and standard C6. Are you really going to still say the Z06 can be used everyday? The Z06 is tuned for nothing other than the track, and because it does use such dated technology and doesnt have any special gadgets the only way GM got it to go that fast was through setting it up aggressively for the track, unlike M5 and E63's which use loads of technology to make theyre cars handle well and still ride decently.

So, using proven, reliable technology instead of complicated, breakdown-prone gadgets, is somehow a bad idea? And don't you dare say Ferraris and the like are reliable, you'll get laughed further off the forum than you already have been.

Need I remind you that the M5 and E36 are slower than the Z06?

So what have you Z06 dickriders have to say now? Even Z06 dedicated forums admitted defeat when presented with this info :mrgreen: :thumbsup: ZEE OH SIKS POWAH!!!!!!!!! :lol:

:lmao: Z06 forums admitted defeat to weaksauce shit like that? Bahahaha, riiight! You're pumping out bullshit faster than I thought you were able! I think you have to be breaking a stupidity limit somewhere.

So, again, we've proven two things here.

1) The Corvette Z06 is very fast. Faster than cars twice as expensive.

2) youngwarrior is still an asshat and insists on pulling supposed "facts" out of his ass. The real shame is that he's so obviously full of shit that nobody here is taking him seriously - but he doesn't seem to realize it.

youngwarrior said:
GM also had a ex F1 driver piloting theyre car, so no excuses of him being a slow driver, infact he knows the nurburgring like the back of his hand.

Porsche has WALTER FUCKING R?HL! Though I don't see how choosing a skilled driver vs a first timer behind the wheel is any kind of point.

The only thing the ZEE-OOOHHH-SIX "fanatics"/"zealots" as you call us are trying to point out is, the car is an excellent performer, especially for the money. I've always maintained it's NOT the fastest, nothing ever is (for long), but you get your USD $75k worth.

See my sig for the usual BS about the 'vette's.

edit: corrected who to quote, sorry Mr. Splat.

The comment about gettting your 75K worth brought up another question for me that I think is relevent to the thread topic-

Which would you rather have-
Would you pay $71,485 for a Z06 with every concievable option (that is the price you get on Chevy's website for a top spec car),
Or would you rather save $185 and go for a lowest possible spec Porsche 911 ($71300 base price on Porsche's website).

I think this is a much more reasonable choice than used Ferrari vs. Z06 because in this case you are getting two brand new cars, and I am still doubtful about being able to get a 360 for that little. The maintenence costs are also going to be more similar, so if you can afford one you can afford the other.

And please people (read-youngwarrior) realize that this is much more of a personal preference one. Everybody will admit that the Z06 is the faster of the two, and it is obvious that the Porsche will be the nicer place to be when you aren't doing laps on a racetrack.

I'd probably go for the 911 myself, as I think I would enjoy a slightly more comfortable car as opposed to an all out track car. As much as I like to think of myself as a great driver, I think the Porsche has more than enough performance to get me into trouble. There is also the question of handling finesse, which I cannot judge, but most articles I have read claim the 911 tells you more through the steering, which I think I would enjoy (I did get to drive a 2005 911 C4S, but not long enough or hard enough to tell anything about it other than it is fast in a straight line)

geoff_a_pult said:
I'd probably go for the 911 myself, as I think I would enjoy a slightly more comfortable car as opposed to an all out track car. As much as I like to think of myself as a great driver, I think the Porsche has more than enough performance to get me into trouble. There is also the question of handling finesse, which I cannot judge, but most articles I have read claim the 911 tells you more through the steering, which I think I would enjoy (I did get to drive a 2005 911 C4S, but not long enough or hard enough to tell anything about it other than it is fast in a straight line)

As I stated before, I would end up saving a crap load and go with an older used car. Mostly because I've grown used to small/lightweight low-hp cars, which other than the elise, are pretty much extict these days.

If I was forced to decide between either of the 2, it would definately be a case of test driving them. The corvette z06 is a lot to handle, the porsche probably puts it's power down better, causing the Porsche to be more fun, and less fighting with the power. I'd probably end up going after an Exige, aren't they somewhere in the price range?

Kowalski said:
The Corvette ZO6 sure is a fine car but in the end still is a GM. The car from a company that once gave the world, the horrible Corvair, the craptastic Vega, the horrible Chevette and now decided to sell crappy Daewoos under the Chevy badge. Which incidentally the Corvette also carries a Chevrolet badge.

I can understand the Chevette comment, I hate them, one tried to rob me of my life as an infant, the Vega is a POS, though they make great drag cars after a lot of chassis work, a built SBC, and a driver dumb enough to get in it... but whats so bad about the corvair?

Please for all that is sacred and holy don't be basing your decision of the BS book "Unsafe at any Speed".

geoff_a_pult said:
zenkidori said:

I agree the thread should definitely be lock-bannana'd.

I reported this thread in the "Report A Post" thread in the Forum section. SL65ZOMGWTFBBQ!1! said that he won't lock it becuase if we do, the arguements and OT ramblings might flow over to the ZO6 specific episode discussion thread.

This thread had gotten beyond ridiculous, but he has a point. If this one bothers you just ignore it, and let the people arguing shoot themselves in the face.

Labcoatguy said:
We're not arguing that Z06>GT3. We're not saying that the GT3 sucks, either. We're saying that Z06 is a GREAT CAR when compared with the field in general. Unlike Highlander, there can be more than one great sports car. The Z06 can stand on its own merits. Feel free to play top trumps with Nurburgring numbers all day long, but in the end, the Z06 is ... screw it, this argument isn't worth continuing.

Read this post you stuck up euro lovers. You guys are over reacting, it was funny but now it's just stupid.

grow up or get out

lol stuck up euro lovers. If Z06 drivers came to the UK we'd call em chavs or redneck chavs :lol:

It was never about gt3 vs z06 or if the z06 was a good car or not. It was about people coming in and saying OMG ZEE OH SIKS RULEZ OVAZ EVAREY TING!!!

Its funny how americans always telling us to grow up when theyre the ones whining for a lock, because they dont like what theyre reading and were not the ones who say OMG n00b or pwned. I mean comeon 13 year olds say that :roll:

youngwarrior said:
It was about people coming in and saying OMG ZEE OH SIKS RULEZ OVAZ EVAREY TING!!!

Izzat so? Hmm, I'm not sure where someone said the Z06 is the best car ever, I must have missed it. What I do know is that we've spent the last 8 pages saying how the Z06 is an absolute bargain with performance knocking on the doors of Ferraris and Porsches, while you've spent those 8 pages proving you're an idiot.

Some things never change, I guess.

I'm so thnakful for the internet: Now we can argue with everyone instead of just our families and neighbors!!

BerserkerCatSplat said:
youngwarrior said:
It was about people coming in and saying OMG ZEE OH SIKS RULEZ OVAZ EVAREY TING!!!

Izzat so? Hmm, I'm not sure where someone said the Z06 is the best car ever, I must have missed it. What I do know is that we've spent the last 8 pages saying how the Z06 is an absolute bargain with performance knocking on the doors of Ferraris and Porsches, while you've spent those 8 pages proving you're an idiot.

Some things never change, I guess.

Well how about you get your head out your ass and actually open your eyes.

Isnt it funny how americans always like to call people names and tell them theyre idiots or plain wrong when someone doesnt agree with them. And people wonder why your countries international relations are so bad.