Top Gear Video Game?

STANDARD_911

Hey All,

I was just thinking how much fun a Top Gear video game would be. You could get to drive on some real life circuits featured on the show like the N-ring and Laguna Seca. You could play as different characters like Jeremy, James, Richard, and the Stig. Of course your car would weigh more if you were Jeremy and you would naturally drive slower if you play as James...haha. You could have something in the studio and you could set lap times in the reasonably priced car. And you would get to spend hours on the top gear track!

Let me know what you think and throw in any ideas you may have!

-Zach

Not very. The magic of Top Gear is in James, Richard, and Jeremy, not the cars or the lap times. As it was described before, Top Gear is not show about cars; it's a show about guys who like cars.

It's an interesting idea, but the game play would be very limited and it would have low replay value. If you look at the best games on the market most have high replay value and open ended game play.

TopGear.jpg

I believe either Jeremy or Tiff did some speaking in Need For Speed: High Stakes.

This was one of my favorite games as a teenager:

200px-TopGearRallyonN64.jpg

i LOVED the top gear games!!!

and srry man, not feeling the top gear show game, like blind_Io said, its about guys who like cars...and i'm not sure how you would be able to put that into a video game

actually... well maybe if you are really serious. you can twist it up a little.

- Like you can be the apachty helicopter trying to get a lock on the exige or be the exige trying to get away from the copper
- Those army guys shooting at you, you could be those or JC driving the cars
- You can even play the top gear games such as: soccer, ice hockey, etc. If u wanna go further, you can even modify the mini so it jumps better and further.
- You can even have those long ass races like Captain james and hammond vs JC in the Buggatti. This time instead of having just one route, you can make it a lot like GTA or Midtown Maddness where you can roam around where ever you want till you reach you destination.

I can come up with a few more, but the point is... even if you tried to make a game similar to topgear the show. It wouldnt be the same. Well even though your going to start off small. Noone will take an interest in it. I mean the show and playing the game are two different things. Also having games like Grand Turismo 3 or watever out there give you like a ZERO chance of success. There are a few more reasons why it wouldnt work out. But at the same time if you can make it so much better, it might have a chance.

However like Blind_Io said and how The_clincher quoted him. The show is i guess to special to be turned into a game that could be played. It has its own magic that cant't be put into something else.

BUt it even kills trying right?

-Mojo-

I think it could be done well if the right development team got a hold of the idea and let their imagination run with it, yet it would be tricky, but highly cool if done properly.

The_Clincher said:
i LOVED the top gear games!!!

The Top Gear games for SNES were good, and Top Gear Rally on N64 was brilliant (I loved the cool unlocks, like the Milk Truck and the Beach Ball), but the last couple Top Gear games kinda sucked (Top Gear Rally 2 and Top Gear Overdrive)

However, the company that made Top Gear Rally went on to make World Driver Championship for N64 and that game was quite good, one of the best racing games for N64:

250px-Wdcn64.jpg

A Top Gear game would be pretty cool if they included different modes of play. For instance, cheap car challenges in an "Oregon Trail" style where things randomly go wrong. Or maybe an epic race creator where you could mix and match the races they've done. Football with cars would be a blast as well.

TopGear.jpg

I believe either Jeremy or Tiff did some speaking in Need For Speed: High Stakes.

LOL, that was my favorite game when I was little. One of the first games I got for my SNES soon after launch. My friends and I played it till our fingers were numb.

If I recall correctly, Tiff did the commentary on TOCA 2 for the PlayStation. All the TOCA games were awesome, but TOCA 2 is my favourite. :thumbsup:

If I recall correctly, Tiff did the commentary on TOCA 2 for the PlayStation. All the TOCA games were awesome, but TOCA 2 is my favourite. :thumbsup:

Of course, if you want to race on the TG track, I believe this track might be available for Trackmania Nations ... :D