Survivorman or Man vs Wild?

Survivorman or Man vs Wild?

• Total voters

wooflepoof

WoofleDay
Car(s)
Genesis Sedan 3.8
Which do you prefer? Personally i like Survivorman, he's not stuck in quite as dire situations but at the same time he's on his own and doesn't have a cameraman he lugs all the equipment around himself.

Les Stroud is more hard core on his show than Bear but he is so friggin over dramatic that it hurts to watch. Man vs Wild is more geared towards entertainment and people need to realize that.

I like them both, but Man VS Wild is slightly more entertaining and expanitory, that's why it get's my vote

Man vs Wild is more geared towards entertainment and people need to realize that.

Yeah, it just seems quite "hollywood" with all the different camera angles, etc.

Definately Survivorman. I mean come on...

a week alone? surviving in harsh conditions AND filming yourself?

Survivorman. But it gets on my nerves when he gets all apologetic for hunting and killing, explaining each and every time, that "when it's a matter of survival.. blah blah blah". Yeah, we get it.

Survivorman. But it gets on my nerves when he gets all apologetic for hunting and killing, explaining each and every time, that "when it's a matter of survival.. blah blah blah". Yeah, we get it.

Yea that's one of the things that annoys me about Survivorman. I find Man vs. Wild more entertaining, I don't expect to gain any practical survival knowledge from it. But I respect Survivorman for being alone and surviving without appearing very dramatic.

The problem I have with Man vs. Wild is it's all BS. He came out and said the only thing he's really good at is checking in to a hotel :rolleyes: At least survivor man toughs it out by himself for a week with no help whatsoever.

The problem I have with Man vs. Wild is it's all BS. He came out and said the only thing he's really good at is checking in to a hotel :rolleyes: At least survivor man toughs it out by himself for a week with no help whatsoever.

But what I don't get is that Bear Grylls is a respectable person instead of just some guy that Discovery Channel hired to act like he's in danger. He was in the SAS for a while before he broke his spine in several places from a parachute accident.

From Wikipedia:
Grylls first entered the record books in 1997 by being the youngest Briton to summit Ama Dablam in the Himalayas, a peak famously described by Sir Edmund Hillary as "unclimbable".

Then in 1998, Grylls broke another record of becoming the youngest Briton, at 23, to summit Mount Everest. Both these achievements are made even more remarkable by the fact that a mere two years earlier he almost severed his spinal cord in a near fatal parachuting accident in Africa.

On a recent interview with David Letterman (June 2007) Letterman calls him "The youngest Briton to summit Everest" and Bear corrects him by saying another man did it the following year but died on the way down, and regardless of his death it has become this man's record.

In 2000 Grylls led the first team to circumnavigate the UK on personal watercraft, to raise money for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) Lifeboats. Three years later he led a team of five British men on the first unassisted crossing of the north Atlantic Arctic Ocean, in an open rigid inflatable boat. The team was hampered by giant waves, icebergs and storms.

In 2005 Grylls led the first team ever to attempt to paramotor over the remote jungle plateaux of the Angel Falls in Venezuela. The team was attempting to reach the highest, most remote high tepuis, made famous by Conan Doyle's Lost World.

In 2007 Grylls broke a new world record by flying a petrol-powered paraglider over the Himalayas, higher than Mount Everest. He had to cope with temperatures of -60C and dangerously low oxygen levels to reach 29,500 feet*, almost 10,000 feet higher than the previous record of 20,019 feet. The expedition raised $1 million for the charity Global Angels. Grylls described the expedition, filmed for a 2 hour film for Discovery Channel worldwide as well as Channel 4 in the UK, as "the hairiest, most frightening thing" he had ever done.
*disputed

Plus he uses many of those as charitable events and donates to several causes. So apparently he is experienced and also a nice guy.
Why glorify every little event in the show to the point where everything looks set up? It sounds like he could do just as well as Les Stroud or even better in similar situations.

survivorman by a long shot...

I love them both, but Les wins because:

He's totally alone
He has 7 days
He has to carry all his camera shit
He has to film himself, making easy jobs harder
he's more of an everyman

either way tho, I love both shows.

Just think Paris Hilton is more famous than either of these brave men. Society has their values all wrong IMHO.

your bitching about it just gives more attention to it, so STFU and ignore her.

Honestly I never see more bitching and posting about friggin paris hilton than on this board. if you all hate her so much STFU and ignore her.

Grylls does this as well. I think it's more the network than them personally, because if you watch them eat snake or rabbit they're always pretty pleased with it.

Yet I doubt he does that when at the supermarket, picking up pork chops or a pound of hamburger.

I really hate PC hypocrites.

Both shows are great, I don't get the point of trying to compare.

your bitching about it just gives more attention to it, so STFU and ignore her.

Honestly I never see more bitching and posting about friggin paris hilton than on this board. if you all hate her so much STFU and ignore her.

It's a vicious cycle, we can't help but express our hatred for her, which only feeds her fame.

As far as this topic it goes, your list took the words right out of my mouth.

Both shows are great, I don't get the point of trying to compare.

Ford v. Chevy, Republic v. Democrat, TG v. Fg... etc.