The Bugatti Veyron is a (insert nationality here) car?

The Bugatti Veyron is a (insert nationality here) car?

• Total voters
the name isnt german,

but the engineering and philosphies behind it clearly are.

its a german car, the only thing not german about it is the name.

Otherwise Chevy's would be French too.

French. You wouldn't consider Lamborghini, Bentley, Seat and Skoda as German companies and the same goes for Bugatti in my opinion. I still don't understand how people get the idea that it might be an Italian company just because the founder was Italian.

The cars they make still have heavy influence from their countries of origin. Just like Aston were still designed by Brits and exhude Britishness(cept the Ford switching on the Vanquish)

The cars they make still have heavy influence from their countries of origin. Just like Aston were still designed by Brits and exhude Britishness(cept the Ford switching on the Vanquish)

They're melting together bit by bit - beside the styling there's not much in technical respect that separates the Fabia from the Polo or the Leon from the Golf. The only difference with Bugatti is that the brand didn't exist any more before the VW group decided to launch a new Bugatti. I'm not so much interested in who developed a car but in the heritage of the brand, hence I'll always associate Bugatti with France.

They're melting together bit by bit - beside the styling there's not much in technical respect that separates the Fabia from the Polo or the Leon from the Golf. The only difference with Bugatti is that the brand didn't exist any more before the VW group decided to launch a new Bugatti. I'm not so much interested in who developed a car but in the heritage of the brand, hence I'll always associate Bugatti with France.

I agree the spirit of Bugatti will always be French, but like Maybach and Mercedes, Bugatti was just something they started back up so they could launch the Veyron. Really they just needed a name to attach to it that wasn't VW or Skoda

Dont wanna make a new thread... but i just wanna inform my norwegian co-forumusers that there's sold a Veyron to a Norwegian guy.. (if you didnt know)

Turns out a guy named Arne H. Fredly owns one:

1193829102940_390.jpg

His Veyron will appear on the Carshow in Lillestr?m, Norway next week!

I'd say it's european. As someone already said, the Bugatti is the Airbus of the car world.