I have a hatred of tiny cars

Yeah but you don't get to look like macgyver if you drive a C1, where as in the jeep <_<

Why would anyone want to look like macguyver???
I'd rather drive around in a pink VW beetle convertible

As to the remark that the interior is pretty kindergarten, I think that's part of the appeal. And besides, if you break it, it's going to cost you 2? to get it fixed...

I also quite like the painted metal doors, on the inside, instead of having it lined.
I can't think of any reason why cars need expensive plushy carpet on the doors anyway... are there people going "ooh this inside of the door is soft!"?

are there people going "ooh this inside of the door is soft!"?
Yes they do, even I do it on occasion. Our leather door-sides are lovely, you just want to cuddle them.

The downside to metal is that it's cold and takes a long while to heat up. But it is funky in the TPCA-mobile.

Motor Trend is one of the most biased automotive rags I've ever read.

Yea, to Japanese cars... same with every other mag....

I dont get what was so biased about that review though.

wow, with all this shit going on, I didn't get an answer to my post :

Am I right in saying that the Citroen C1 is a cool and funky car, or am I just a crazy European who likes small cars because they are light and easy to park?

I love small cars too for just those reasons. Makes me want this new car to be a tiny little city car so I can zip 'round. But I don't like in a big enough city to justify a car like that, maybe sometime in the future.

Edit: Just found this, wtf? Looks cool in an escape pod sort of way.

http://img259.imageshack.**/img259/1842/c1ne5.jpg

If I beleived the motor trends I bought when I was in the states, the chevy malibu is the second coming of jesus ;)

ROFLBEARS. Good I'm glad I'm not the only one that throws those crap magazines by the wayside.

Last edited:
[youtube=Yit4kJM9avA]Ignore the stupid chick talking over the video[/youtube]

Z28 vs F-350 TurboDiesel ridiculous edition.

Cars > Trucks. Sorry.

[youtube=Yit4kJM9avA]Ignore the stupid chick talking over the video[/youtube]

Z28 vs F-350 TurboDiesel ridiculous edition.

Cars > Trucks. Sorry.

I fail to see how that proves your point.. trucks are designed to carry and haul- not race fast in a straight line.

Oh i agree, if i want to carry dirt the truck wins the prize all day, but all this $200 in mods and i'll spank the camaro" is just false, that truck had several THOUSAND in aftermarket stuff and it didnt stand a chance.

wow, with all this shit going on, I didn't get an answer to my post :

Am I right in saying that the Citroen C1 is a cool and funky car, or am I just a crazy European who likes small cars because they are light and easy to park?

In the US we don't have the same parking problem as in Europe, I am basing this off my experience in Italy, so that isn't much of factor for me. I do like the lightness however, and I am sure it can be a blast driving it, but I still would prefer rear wheel drive.

In the US we don't have the same parking problem as in Europe, I am basing this off my experience in Italy, so that isn't much of factor for me. I do like the lightness however, and I am sure it can be a blast driving it, but I still would prefer rear wheel drive.

smart_roadster_brabus.jpg

Oh i agree, if i want to carry dirt the truck wins the prize all day, but all this $200 in mods and i'll spank the camaro" is just false, that truck had several THOUSAND in aftermarket stuff and it didnt stand a chance.

Its pretty crazy fast though. Diesels can be made quick with the right stuff though. Its expensive, but well worth it.

Stuff for LS1s and LS2s is a lot less expensive.

Ah yes the Smart Roadster I forgot about it. With a better gearbox and a spiffer engine that would be a great car.

The right tool for the right job...

This thread is making me want to see "No Country For Old Men" again :(, damn lack of monies

Ah yes the Smart Roadster I forgot about it. With a better gearbox and a spiffer engine that would be a great car.

That's a picture of the Brabus tuned version. They did build 10 demo models of a V6 version too.

If you can get a Gixxer in the 4two, you could probably get one in a Roadster too.

Check out the Suzuki Cappuccino I post a few pages back. Perfect 50/50 weight distribution, turbocharged, RWD and only 700kg. Really cute little thing too. You can tune them up to 200bhp as well. With the proper chassis/suspension mods, probably beat just about anything but a Caterham in the corners.

Or for something a little bit more 'serious', how about the new Lotus Exige S 240?

112_0803_01z+2008_lotus_exige_s_240+front_three_quarter_view.jpg

240bhp, supercharged, 940kg, 0-60 in under 4 seconds, over 150mph flat out and Lotus handling for the bendy bits.

Because bright orange cars with spoilers and roof scoops on are for 16 year old "Fast and the furious" fans?

Oh, and i'd quite like to have air conditioning in florida.

Because bright orange cars with spoilers and roof scoops on are for 16 year old "Fast and the furious" fans?

Oh, and i'd quite like to have air conditioning in florida.

I pity you. If you can't appreciate an iconic car for what it is, without some fear of "Fast and Furious" (which I thought was about highly modified cars not stock sports cars), then you are a sad case.

You can get A/C for the Exige S

I pity you. If you can't appreciate an iconic car for what it is, without some fear of "Fast and Furious" (which I thought was about highly modified cars not stock sports cars), then you are a sad case.
Get one in radar-masking flat black and be done with it. Oh wait, just one thing...prices start at $61,000. What was the question again? :|