2008 Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix

Opps, 11th then. Still not a bad effort

Good drive by Kubica but I think he will be very light. However if Massa doesn't get him off the start he has a good chance to lead for a while. Don't think he will win but they are certainly getting closer. Don't discount Hiedfeld, he may lack a few tenths in raw pace to Kubica but is still a very good race driver.

Watch out for Hamilton on the first lap. He could pull a kamikaze move or two. Kimi will do the Schuey thing I think, bide his time and pull out blinders of in laps to leapfrog up the order. Great drives by Button, Alonso and Webber also. Good to see Rosberg back on the pace as well.

Should be a good race!!

The inner conspiracy theorist in me sees a planned win for Massa... Kimi just simply is not that much slower especilally in a lighter car!!! Also Kimi's first pit was longer but second came before Massa... WTF?

I think that Ferrari just wanted to get the bad press of Massa's back by giving him a clean win.

Well done to Massa and Ferrari, good to see Webber finish in the top 8 again. Terrible race for Hamilton, but I'm sure he'll bounce back in Barcelona. Good to see BMW doing well, I was hoping Kovi would finished higher, but fifth is a decent effort.

Good race. Nice to see Kimi get into the lead of the championship. I think its now Ferrari, BMW and McLaren as the order of things in F1. Honda looking better, but I think we've reached the limit until the next update is due, what actually happened to Jenson, I didnt get to the TV until lap 8. Kubica, what a legend!! Hamilton haha.

Well done Ferrari, although I wonder what would have happened if Robert had had a better start. Probably the same, but still...
BMW looked very strong and they're leading the WCC. Wow!
McLaren: slower than BMW?
Williams scored a point. Better than Malaysia, but it would be good if they could finish ahead of Red Bull and Toyota.

I didn't like this race...no idea why...:p

Man I hate Alonso. That was so freakin obvious that he lifted off. This is not good for Hamilton at all. Hamilton is starting to look like Raikkonen last year...which means he'll win the title...:)

Everyone who comes in here claiming Alonsa deliberately let Lewis crash into his rear belongs into a nuthouse. This includes the poster above and the ITV commentators.

Everyone who comes in here claiming Alonsa deliberately let Lewis crash into his rear belongs into a nuthouse. This includes the poster above and the ITV commentators.

Agreed it was under braking also....Lewis can't drive under pressure and lets just say losing Alonso has really slowed the R&D of McCheat. BMW surely now are the second force. Great job to Robert and Nick we'll be up there for the WCC maybe not a drivers title but we'll be chipping away every race :)

Congrats to Massa and Ferrari, great race.
BMW is looking mighty impressive.
It appears Toyota have established themselves as "best of the rest" this season.
..and finally: Fisi in 12th! Great drive.

Man I hate Alonso. That was so freakin obvious that he lifted off. This is not good for Hamilton at all. Hamilton is starting to look like Raikkonen last year...which means he'll win the title...:)
:lol:

Looks like Alonso is still the scapegoat...

It was a decent race, told you Massa will get redemption here. Raikkonen said he had an electric problem or tire problem so he had to pit early, not sure. Good job Kubica and Heidfeld to put BMW in the lead. Kovi had a quite race. Truilli, Webber, Rosberg all good effort.

Alonso in 10th, ah the happy feeling :) Hamilton disaster, better catch up mate.

All my drivers from the fantasy dream team thread are in the points! :)

I don't think any driver is that stupid to want an other driver crash into him, potentially ruining his own race.
As I saw it, Hamilton got a better drive out of the corner than Alonso, got very close behind him and couldn't avoid the back of his car. But there was no brake test or such.
A typical racing incident, if it hadn't been Alonso and Hamilton nobody would argue about it.

They need to look at the telemetry from Alonso and if he lifted, come down hard on him. You don't run into the back of people under acceleration like that when speed wise, the cars are relatively evenly matched.

I don't think any driver is that stupid to want an other driver crash into him, potentially ruining his own race.
As I saw it, Hamilton got a better drive out of the corner than Alonso, got very close behind him and couldn't avoid the back of his car. But there was no brake test or such.
A typical racing incident, if it hadn't been Alonso and Hamilton nobody would argue about it.

Agreed it's just the anger of the McClaren fans and Lewis fan boys crying because well they're not as good this season.

Lets just wait for the data. It does look a bit suspicious, but equally, I can't really see why Alonso would jeopardise his car like that.

Poor race, that Barcelona update for McLaren can't come soon enough.

Am I the only one who currently sees Hamilton in the same situation Alonso was in last year?

I too believe that Lewis is weak under pressure (he stupidly lost the championship last year, remember?) and in my traffic world, the one who drives into the back of another car, is the one who is responsible.

You could see from different angles, that Hamilton tried to collect speed for an attempt of overtaking but miscalculated and crashed into Alonso.

Lewis should get a grip on himself soon, or he'll be in serious trouble.

Am I the only one who currently sees Hamilton in the same situation Alonso was in last year?

I too believe that Lewis is weak under pressure (he stupidly lost the championship last year, remember?) and in my traffic world, the one who drives into the back of another car, is the one who is responsible.

You could see from different angles, that Hamilton tried to collect speed for an attempt of overtaking but miscalculated and crashed into Alonso.

Exactly my take. He gets too ambitious after he loses position and just flops over not a good thing.

He's had one bad race, everyone does. He dominated in Australia and was let down by a wheelgun in Malaysia. You're making it sound far far worse than it is.