[02x07] June 22nd, 2003

Right, I think there is a mix up here because there seems to be different music on this. On this one there is a different track at 3:00 and I think its the UK aired one, contrary to what the thread suggests:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzLXPggPveQ

..while this one I think was for the USA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPeveGmeYLk

But then again that second on is "from" the BBC. Anyway, does anybody know the music at 3:00 for the first video? I just can't find it and I think it's pretty funky.

Thanks in advance!

ta

ta

Hey thanks very much. This looks like an old one. I've not heard it before but have the related bands.. Orbital.. So how come you know these things, do you use Shazm on your iPhone??! or just know?

Thanks anyway and please keep up the good work. I don't know why there were two versions of the same video.

Glad I got the track now, the BBC should be doing this.

So how come you know these things, do you use Shazm on your iPhone??! or just know?
No, I just knew what it was. I think I know about 90% of the songs that have not been posted on this board yet - so stay tuned, becuase I occasionaly update old lists here with a bunch of new song answers. The goal of course is to complete each and every one of them eventually.

Last edited:
What is their problem, this is the sort of thing we want. I'd rather the budget for Question Time went on a department that listed music used for everything than pay for that crap programme.

I bet a lot of their time is devoted to saying "oh we don't keep a record of such things" (music request), but I bet they do. It's really dumb of them to not list music used in a program that has a worldwide audience of 300m.

So, erm, was the one I was interested in the UK or US version?

Thanks.

The "US" soundtrack isn't limited to the US; it's also used for Dave, Youtube, and channels in other countries on which TG airs. (Not to mention S1-4 (or so) have not aired in the States since the mid-2000s when Discovery aired the show.)

What is their problem, this is the sort of thing we want. I'd rather the budget for Question Time went on a department that listed music used for everything than pay for that crap programme.

I bet a lot of their time is devoted to saying "oh we don't keep a record of such things" (music request), but I bet they do. It's really dumb of them to not list music used in a program that has a worldwide audience of 300m.

So, erm, was the one I was interested in the UK or US version?

Thanks.
They definitely keep a detailed record, second by second, but they don't like to release it, because their music selections are considered trade secrets (ex- they don't want a list available for competing programs to steal music ideas), even though I can identify a majority of them anyway. That would be nice though if they did, then I could get us to 100%.

Last edited:
Season 2, Episode 7
at 41:17 - Brief introduction on the Hummer and its role in the first Gulf War
(Guitar) What is that song, id be truly grateful if anyone knows

Does anyone know the song playing when Jeremy is talking about the Military Hummer (after the Willis Jeep)?

0:41:05 - 0:41:35 (short version of episode; without "greatest car in the world" segment.)

Thanks.

im looking for the same tune mate.. any luck ?? :(

Ive been trying to find the electronic song played in the you tube video of the Koenigsegg-CC8S starting at 3:16, and I know TG has changed the music due to licensing but I checked out that extreme music site mentioned earlier and had no luck finding anything. Anyone have any ideas as to what it is?

Please can anyone tell me the song played in the H1 review? I have heard this song before in the Vauxhall VX220 review (last episode) and the 'BMW M cars on Isle of Man' segment (next series, ep.2) when James drives the M1. I have no idea what version I'm watching or what the time slot is.

Season 2, Episode 7
at 41:17 - Brief introduction on the Hummer and its role in the first Gulf War
(Guitar) What is that song, id be truly grateful if anyone knows

Looks like the ID for this track has been requested several times over the past few years... It's post-Willis Jeep, with Jeremy describing the Humvee's role in the 1991 Iraq war. Anyone know?

For a current video reference that still works: http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-season-2-ep-7_part-1_547784.htm , go to part 5, 1:04 through 1:35. (The channel logo on the recording shows "BBC PRIME"...)

Looks like the ID for this track has been requested several times over the past few years... It's post-Willis Jeep, with Jeremy describing the Humvee's role in the 1991 Iraq war. Anyone know?

For a current video reference that still works: http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-season-2-ep-7_part-1_547784.htm , go to part 5, 1:04 through 1:35. (The channel logo on the recording shows "BBC PRIME"...)

The song is Kris Stone - Slo Burn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QaHSZLel40

Here is a list I found on a Russian top gear fan site

00: 00-00: 25: Top Gear - Main Theme
00: 10-02: 35: The Sabres Of Paradise - Clock Factory *
02: 45-03: 25: Raffaella Cooper - Jungle Mass
03: 25-03: 35: Deakin Scott - Hell-Bent
03: 35-04: 05: Urchin - Shitewrecked *
04: 15-04: 30: Jason Creasey - Dun N Dusted
05: 20-05: 35: The Sabres Of Paradise - Clock Factory *
05: Overhead Line # 35-05: 45: Jason Creasey - Dun N Dusted
05: 45-07: 00: Deakin Scott - Hell-Bent
07: 15-08: 00: Unknown-1
08: 00-08: 30: Urchin - Shitewrecked
11: 20-11: 45: Joel Bogen - Cool Fool
23: 10-23: 40: Kris Stone - Morphine Queen
23: 45-24: 25: Lawrence Rudd / Daniel Mark Farrant / Tristian Keyte - Freak Show
24: 40-25: 40: Enigma - Why
27: 00-27: 40: Unknown-2
40: 50-41: 00: Effects - Moods - Military
41: 00-41: 30: Kris Stone - Slo Burn
41: 50-42: 10: Joel Harold Bogen - Busted
42: 10-43: 05: Richard Wagner - Ride Of The Valkyries *
43: 10-44: 15: Leo Delibes - Coppelia - Music Of The Doll And Waltz
44: 15-44: 35: Johann Pachelbel - Canon In D *
44: 40-45: 10: Antonin Dvorak - Symphony ?9 In E Minor, Op. 95 - From The New World: 1st Movement (Adagio Allegro Molto.) *
45: 10-46: 00: Giuseppe Verdi - Grand March *
46: 25-47: 25: Antonin Dvorak - Symphony ?9 In E Minor, Op. 95 - From The New World: 2nd Movement (Largo) *
48: 10-48: 25: Leo Delibes - Coppelia - Music Of The Doll And Waltz
49: 45-49: 50: Khris Stone - Bachin 'The Bish
51: 15-51: 35: Unknown-3
52: 30-53: 00: Top Gear - Main Theme

Last edited: