[07x01] November 13th, 2005

what is that quote actually...
from the ASCARI review...
"People's trident scale doesn't necessarily increase with their wallet size?"
????
:?

Driving skill. Were you in a mythological state of mind when you heard "trident scale"? Sounds like a weapons rating system.

Re: The sheet of paper

Re: The sheet of paper

DarrenBaker said:
Did anyone ever figure out what that sheet of paper said?

Fifthed. I think there's a good group of people who are asking about it.

Sorry for necromancing, but I was watching this episode (I should say I'm WATCHING this episode) and what made me laugh really hard was during the Ascari review, Hamster talks about the origin of the name.

He goes "this is ascari, bla bla world champ bla bla" and you see ascari taking the trophy and almost dropping it, and he separates the bottom part from the top part LOL! Then hammond (right on cue I might add says) "he's a special man".

I just cracked up so much from seeing that lol

Sorry for necromancing, but I was watching this episode (I should say I'm WATCHING this episode) and what made me laugh really hard was during the Ascari review, Hamster talks about the origin of the name.

He goes "this is ascari, bla bla world champ bla bla" and you see ascari taking the trophy and almost dropping it, and he separates the bottom part from the top part LOL! Then hammond (right on cue I might add says) "he's a special man".

I just cracked up so much from seeing that lol

Yea, the Ascari review is one of Hammonds best. I really like the part at the start where he's reading the letters.

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the whole topic but it seems we still don't know what was written on the paper clarkson showed to hammond and may to shut them up.

We may suppose it could be "cocks buy porsches" just like the paper in the back of jeremy at the end of the episode, but then he could have shown it on TV ...

I'm surprised no one has a clue about this sheet of paper. I wonder if we'll find out someday actually...

Did anyone ever find out what Jeremy had written on the piece of paper to shut James and Richard up?

Did anyone ever find out what Jeremy had written on the piece of paper to shut James and Richard up?

Either something very dirty or something he could not hold into the camera for legal reasons.

I don't think it was "Cocks buy Porsches", as someone earlier assumed.

I'm just in the process of burning all Top Gear episodes on DVD (2 episodes per disc) and reached series 7 now. I think it's a really great episode.

As a German of course I thought Jeremy's Nazi joke was a bit over the top but a) I know it's kind of a reflex reaction for him and b) it's not like he wasn't provoked by that ridiculous teabag/teaspoon compartment in the glove box of the Mini Clubman. After all, as a tea drinker I know that using a tea bag is sacrilege!!

By the way: I happen so live in the area of Europe with the highest tea consumption and who says that glove compartment was not directed at us here? :p

Hey, at the beginning they say something about "britains biggest paving slab" - what event are they referring to there?

thanks

I'm just rewatching this and if it wasn't the absolute peak, it was a definitive highlight. At least in terms of the early concept, with lots of smaller segments and no big films from really exotic locations. Isle of Man, Trevor Eve bleep-bleep-bleeep-bleeeeeped over, then shouting back at Jezza and all.

'YOU DRIVE AN SLK!
WHY WOULD I LISTEN TO YOU?
YOU KNOW KNOWTHING ABOUT CARS!'

Sublime.