[10x02] October 14th, 2007

Top Gear Season 10 Episode 81, 22: 26- 22:45

Top Gear Season 10 Episode 81, 22: 26- 22:45

I don't think this is Link Wray, what is the real artist and track please?!!

Hi all! This is my first post, and just to start off, this section is amazing!!!

I have been trying to figure out this track for sometime now. It keeps revisiting TG episodes all the way up to last year's Italian Job on Clarkson's DVD. I happened to stumble upon this episode and I really love this track. It pops up during the Amphibious Challenge part 2, when the three near France. It is absolutely beautiful. I can't pinpoint the timings on the track because frankly it is quite different to the ones posted up here.

So in case you decided to skip the first part of my ramblings, here is a link for what I'm talking about. The music is from 8:47 to 9:05.
http://youtu.be/WTVPPTV-bQM

Much thanks in advance!

What song is playing right before that (from about 00:10 to 00:40 in the YouTube clip linked above)? I've had season 10 on DVD for some time now and have always wanted to know what it was since I first saw the episode. I got on YouTube and brought up Goldfrapp's "Let It Take You", but that doesn't sound anywhere close to what's shown in this clip and on the DVD. Any help is appreciated.

in the first post of this thread, under the music list:

This listing contains music from the original BBC broadcast version,
all other versions (Dave, Youtube, TopGear.com, et al) have replaced music.
If you are looking for music from these alternate versions, most of it can be
found by going to: www.extrememusic.com.

good luck.

please tell me the upbeat music when they drive into the water.

the unknown cue

the unknown cue

What's the name of the song the first time they drive down that boat ramp and into the water? The very uplifted instrumental music, what is it called?

The First time the gentlemen say "HERE WE GO!" and embark down the ramp to cross the channel is a song written by english composer James Seymour Brett. Early in his career he wrote a few cues to be part of a Stock Music collection (not sure the name). This track titled "Invincible" is from that album. Both times when the enter the water and their is good music (1: Whimsical, 2: Triumphant) are both by James Seymour Brett. His website (www.jamesseymourbrett.com) is amazing if you listen to his current projects: Batman (a live action show that stays true to the Elfman sound), and Walking with Dinosaurs (a robotics type show that is so beautiful. Even his work on a self made project "The Book of Musical Magic" to me shows he couldn've been a good option for the Harry Potter series after the departure of John Williams. I hope I have helped, and know this is a long time since your post.

Happy Listening,

ZPIANOGuy

The First time the gentlemen say "HERE WE GO!" and embark down the ramp to cross the channel is a song written by english composer James Seymour Brett. Early in his career he wrote a few cues to be part of a Stock Music collection (not sure the name). This track titled "Invincible" is from that album. Both times when the enter the water and their is good music (1: Whimsical, 2: Triumphant) are both by James Seymour Brett. His website (www.jamesseymourbrett.com) is amazing if you listen to his current projects: Batman (a live action show that stays true to the Elfman sound), and Walking with Dinosaurs (a robotics type show that is so beautiful. Even his work on a self made project "The Book of Musical Magic" to me shows he couldn've been a good option for the Harry Potter series after the departure of John Williams. I hope I have helped, and know this is a long time since your post.

Happy Listening,

ZPIANOGuy

There's also a tune called Pyrrich Spirit by Jon Jablonsky

Does anybody know the following music from the second part of the amphibious cars challenge?

[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4YmU1e-4bjKWDBoQUxJTXpEclU/view?usp=sharing[/video]

I couldn't find it anywhere in the thread, not sure if I missed it somewhere. Any help is appreciated!