[13x05] July 19th, 2009

[13x05] July 19th, 2009

• Total voters
Just go back and read this thread. It's in there.

Alright, thanks.

I thought it was a little more sophisticated than that, something connected with James' personal life.

I think that was close to a perfect episode. Great natural humour. And that's from watching eps 5 and 6 back to back. Actually, they were both equally the best episodes I've seen for years. Proper car-lover stuff. Stella episodes guys!!

And my 7 y/o lad now wants a Jaaaaag! Geez that was funny stuff.

7/10.

Was hilarious when clarkson threw hammonds sunroof away lol

Gave it 8 out of 10
Was waiting for XFR I really like its persona...shall i say even more than the new XJ
but why they kept XF costlier than 5 series, E-class and so on when XFR is cheaper than HOT versions of german rivals, do we get those 5 ltr thunderstorms in normal XF as well and if yes whats the point in XFR
sorry i may sound a bit dumb due to lack of info kindly correct me
anyway I'll always go for the 'jaaaaag' !!

getting back to the episode, that RWD started off well but got a bit boring at the end..liked the news too and must say capt. slow is just getting better in his own way

I did like the RWD challenge at the beginning up to the lap test and from there, it went kinda downhill.

What I didn't like:
- Clarkson stating that front-wheel drive cars are rubbish
- Hammond destroying Clarkson's drum kit (again)
- James driving the Marina when his Capri broke down
- The Marina being destroyed at the end by a piano just to simply annoy the so-called Morris Marina owners club

The episode wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good.

I'm sorry in advance for kicking an almost 4 year old thread, but I've been rewatching the lot and was wondering about something in this particular episode :).

The city, during the challenge, where James first arrives in the Morris Marina for the first time (aftter Jeremy explaining his logic thinking why James wouldn't be in it); I was wondering if anyone knows or recognizes the place they are at. The place looks lovely and I want to visit it if possible :).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Loved the Cheap Car Challenge!! Dont really like Sienna Miller but her interview and lap was entertaining. The news made me laugh the most ive ever laughed on the news!! The talk about the Jaaaag and the Honda FRV just made my day!! When James crashed into his piano, it was just fun. Loved the Jezza vs Hamster Battle in the CC Challenge!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Loved the Cheap Car Challenge!! Dont really like Sienna Miller but her interview and lap was entertaining. The news made me laugh the most ive ever laughed on the news!! The talk about the Jaaaag and the Honda FRV just made my day!! When James crashed into his piano, it was just fun. Loved the Jezza vs Hamster Battle in the CC Challenge!!!!!!!

The city, during the challenge, where James first arrives in the Morris Marina for the first time (aftter Jeremy explaining his logic thinking why James wouldn't be in it); I was wondering if anyone knows or recognizes the place they are at.

The town is Albertville (hosted the 1992 Winter Olympics). They were waiting for James at Place de l'Europe
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@45....ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1su7SsFr6q_NgdNfWVaBrA3A!2e0

edit: Bah, just realised this was asked in 2013 :(

Last edited: