1996 Jaguar XJS 4.0

rickystl

Car(s)
1996 Jaguar XJS
Hello. New to this Forum. I'm the second owner of this car (since 2000) and it's been very reliable. I keep the maintenance up. Just driven occasionally. Is there any "quirks" I should be aware of ? Just turned 54,000 miles. Thanks for any suggestions.

you've had the car for 20 years without any issues, and now you're asking for any quirks? :D

if it had, they would've shown ;)

(or maybe you don't own that car but just wanted to sound interesting? :eek: :eek: :eek:)

Hello Bone. Thanks for the warm welcome. LOL

The word "quirks" was obviously the wrong word. What I should have said: I was going to have some major maintenance done at 54,000 miles and was looking for any maintenance recommendations that might not be obvious to some.
Example: Since my first post above, I've learned to have the so called Devil hose inspected. Apparently, the intake manifold has to come off to get access to the hose. Items like this. My introduction was simply lazy and incoherent. My apologies. Hope we can start over. LOL

Meantime, I've been reading the interesting responses from Spectre and Ford CrusherGT ref the Jaguar XJS. And have learned a lot from here and another Forum. Most helpful.

Rick