New-Mazda-3-4.jpg

New-Mazda-3-6.jpg

New-Mazda-3-5.jpg

New-Mazda-3-7.jpg

New-Mazda-3-8.jpg
New-Mazda-3-9.jpg
New-Mazda-3-10.jpg

:cool:

Very nice and like the 6, I'm sure it will look a hundred times better in the flesh.
Here's hoping we get a proper hairy chested MPS version.
Quick point though, is it just me or are the Japanese getting somewhat trumped by the Koreans at the moment when it comes to interior design? Its by no means bad here, just lacking a little flair.

I think the Koreans have too much flair. These late Mazdas have a nicely restrained interior design, reminds me a lot of the E46 and E39 chassis BMWs. I'd really like to see a better view of that gauge cluster!

Nice-looking car, if a bit snouty; reminds me of the 1-series. I just hope they get their rust control issues sorted out; I see too many of them around here with cancerous wheel arches and trunks.

Nice-looking car, if a bit snouty; reminds me of the 1-series. I just hope they get their rust control issues sorted out; I see too many of them around here with cancerous wheel arches and trunks.
The 2nd gen Mazda3s are looking like they're holding up against rust far better than the 1st gen. At this point seeing a rust free 1st gen 3 is extremely difficult. I've yet to see a 2nd gen with the cancer around the wheel arches. Its only been 4-5 years since the earliest 2nd gens arrived...I can only guess its no longer premature rust like the older cars.

The exterior is nice and all but I can't get over that interior (let alone any of the previous gens interiors). It's dark, bland and cheap looking - my opinion.

It all looks like hard plastic to me?

Exterior looks stunning! I really like the new corporate design identity. Could have been a serious contender when I was looking for a new car back in January.
But dear god, please stop sticking tablet-esque screens to dashboards. It looks awful in BMWs, even worse in Benzes (A-Class) and in this car it looks just as out of place.

You can't be serious.

I think the front looks way too like the new 6, but...dat ass...:cool:

Damn, that looks fantastic. No more goofy grin. It's been quite a while since I've been looking forward to a new Mazdaspeed3.

You can't be serious.

This...that aren't similar at all. What aspects of them make you think they look similar? (genuine curiosity)

Has any official pricing been released yet?

Last edited:
The exterior is nice and all but I can't get over that interior (let alone any of the previous gens interiors). It's dark, bland and cheap looking - my opinion.

It all looks like hard plastic to me?

I like the interior actually. Then again i've never had a issue with the 3's interior.

You cannot judge a interior's plastics through press photos. The current Sedona's dash is a prime example. It looks hard in photos but, in person, it's all very nicely grained soft touch materials.

Actually, the whole top surface (except for the section above the gauges) looks like it's likely soft-touch. Everything else, though, is likely hard.

New-Mazda-3-10.jpg

Is that a HUD (windscreen in front of the driver)?

Yes it is. I saw a headline for it in my feed, but I didn't actually read the article.

As a current Mazda 3 owner with every intention of trading in for another '3 when the time comes, I'm highly pleased with the early info.

Aside from the looks, which are great, I really dig the HUD-screen. It appeals to the 10-year-old in me that wants to pretend he's flying an X-wing attacking a Death Star trench when the adult is actually flogging an economy car on a 2-lane road.

I may be the only one, though, who is still holding out to see the sedan. I just prefer them to hatch-backs.