2019 F1 Season thread

This video was posted by Sergio Perez, showing him almost hit a couple marshals in the race today. People are praising Perez's driving and condemning the marshals, but it doesn't look like Perez did as much as he could have to me. I don't know if he was looking down at his steering wheel, or if the video was slowed down, but it seems like he could have slowed a lot more, or maybe even stop completely if he started braking the moment they were in sight, or just cross the solid line onto the track to more safely avoid them and risk a penalty. Instead he braked late, and then dove between the marshals. I don't know. I don't like playing armchair quarterback, but I'm not terribly impressed by Perez's driving there.

Vettel was looking to wrap up another Canadian Grand Prix for Ferrari giving them their first win for the season but the stewards decided to just give it to Lewis instead. A load of crap as was explained by all of the pundits on Sky Sports but that's that I guess.

Vettel was looking to wrap up another Canadian Grand Prix for Ferrari giving them their first win for the season but the stewards decided to just give it to Lewis instead. A load of crap as was explained by all of the pundits on Sky Sports but that's that I guess.

X2. (1) Vettel's car control was fantastic - catching a car on slicks sliding on grass and correcting it's path to the point where it not only didn't spin, but also came back on the track pointed in (generally) the right direction. (2) Lewis miscalculated, thinking that he had enough time to accelerate by the off, and put himself in harm's way. A truly bullshit call by the stewards!

Vettel: "My car was sliding."
Stewards: ¯\(ツ)
Vettel: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The annoyance of the outcome is frustrating enough, Ferrari has appealed the decision but I don't think that will do any good. I think it's just even more annoying that there are 2 weeks to stew in the frustration before the next race will give something else to focus on.

Yeah, the appeal is hardly important, as both championships are basically already decided. The only thing we can hope for now is just the occasional good race. We had that going in Canada, but the FIA stepped in and put a stop to it. It's a shame.

I keep hearing they had no choice, but we know they make a million exceptions to the rules anyway. I mean, lets pretend Hamilton dived into the pits, and Seb was told to push, and he made that same error. Had Hamilton not been there, the penalty would not have been issued, even though he rejoined in the same "dangerous" manner. It's a joke. Maybe the FIA should just declare F1 a judged sport, where the winner is decided based on the scores issued by the stewards, like gymnastics at the Olympics.

Yeah, the appeal is hardly important, as both championships are basically already decided.

This is so dreadful and poor, as we are not even half way into the championship. But yup, it's already decided.

I did the math on this, for Vettel who is 3rd in the championship to take the lead of the championship he'd probably have to win the next 9 races. Even Bottas would have to win the next 5 races.

I'd soooo love to see Bottas becoming just that little bit stronger (again). His performance now looks like ass, but ... everybody looks like ass next to Hamilton. Hamiltons performance in that car is unreal.

Predictions for France? I think Mercedes once again returns to form, but I see a good challenge from Red Bull with the new power unit upgrades coming from Honda. While Paul Ricard looks to be a circuit for the faster, more powerful Ferraris, I don't think they've cracked the code on tires and handling yet.

Mercedes 1-2, Red Bull 3, Ferrari 4-5, Red Bull 6.

1-2 Merc

I bet we won't see a single non-Merc win this year

as that is something that never happened before, that would be quite the achievement
i expect them to slip up somewhere, a spin or flat in the first lap...a year is long for nothing ever to go wrong

also: ferrari is faster around high speed tracks...i'm sure there will be one race where they get their shit together, and Leclerc will finally win a race

also: ferrari is faster around high speed tracks...i'm sure there will be one race where they get their shit together, and Leclerc will finally win a race

Not a lot of high-speed tracks left, if I recall. Maybe just Monza? As for a Mercedes slip-up, I only see that happening if Bottas elevates his game, and he and Hamilton have some sort of collision because they're racing each other a little too hard.

Or another 2018 Austrian Grand Prix happens

Kubica should better stay home and give his seat to someone who might still make it
he's slower than latify!

Booooooooooooooooooooooring. Hamilton complaining about the car while setting fastest laps and going out to a 13+ second lead is getting really old, really fast.

Booooooooooooooooooooooring. Hamilton complaining about the car while setting fastest laps and going out to a 13+ second lead is getting really old, really fast.

My thoughts exactly. They're getting pathetic with the forced, unbelievable fake sandbagging.

Props to McLaren, they're getting their shit together.

Predictions for Austria?

Hamilton, LeClerc, Bottas, Vettel, Verstappen.

i hope a merc...if they win this race they finally equalled the number of concurrent wins which is now owned by mclaren in the 88 season...
and before he retires i'd love for hamilton to have more wins than schumacher, so each win is a step closer :)