2020 Nissan Frontier

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Frontier Pro-4X - BRZ - D21 Hardbody
3.8...did they do it on the GT-R block?

Are you sure about that? Nissan is claiming it's "all new" and I don't see anything about keeping the old sheet metal; are you sure this isn't just a test mule for the new motor?

I'd be happy if it kept the same chassis and body, all the current lifts and armor would fit with the new power train.

3.8...did they do it on the GT-R block?

From what The Fast Lane Truck said, no. Supposedly it's for the trucks only and 93% new parts.

Are you sure about that? Nissan is claiming it's "all new" and I don't see anything about keeping the old sheet metal; are you sure this isn't just a test mule for the new motor?

I'd be happy if it kept the same chassis and body, all the current lifts and armor would fit with the new power train.

From what I gather from the press release and reading a few articles. This is the new drivetrain for the 2020 & 2021+ trucks. The 2020 will be a one year only using the old frame and body. Seems strange, but I suppose there's a few good reasons to do it. One is that it gives them a year to gather data on what may need to be changed to make the new truck trouble free from the get go.