[22x00a] December 27th, 2014 [Patagonia Special, Part 1]

[22x00a] December 27th, 2014 [Patagonia Special, Part 1]

• Total voters
Solid, good looking, predictable, slightly boring but not cringe-worthy (good!). Not much culture so far; roads seem empty. No cities, no locals, etc.

pretty good, the bad roads and going offroad for no reason gets a bit old after a while. Nice changing of scenery. I hope for part two being a bit more action packed.

It was fine itself, but comparing to the latest awful Perfect Road Trip 2 is was great...

Last edited:
9/10

The contents/jokes are good but repeated.

On the other hand, IT IS VERY OBVIOUS that they put some effort into it.
Unlike the last few series, they had their time for filming/editing/ etc..
To me, the OVERALL quality of the episode was almost as good as the series 17 and before it.

Judging by this episode, I would expect a good quality part 2 special and 22nd series.

pretty good, the bad roads and going offroad for no reason gets a bit old after a while. Nice changing of scenery. I hope for part two being a bit more action packed.

What I found so interesting was how james and Jeremy complained to gammon about his bumpy route but james was silent when taking Jeremy's route.

Good show. Can't wait for the second half. Very little felt forced. Hammon should've just left the mustang without power steering.

I loved it! And I love that Lotus! What a beautiful car. Even looks good rock crawling, lol. Real soft spot for cars of that era being a 90s kid. Angular and low slung, so cool. I hope it makes it through part 2. Can't wait!

Thank you Top Gear!

I'm holding off rating it until I see the second part, mostly because I don't want to give a low rating. The cars were nice to look at, especially that Mustang, and the scenery was gorgeous, but the episode overall was not good. At all. The bridge bits - not funny. The cow on the roof, not funny the first time around, less funny this time. The making love to the car bit, which got old really quickly, no, just no. I think this is the first time I've ever used this word in connection with Top Gear, but I was disappointed. Partly my own fault, I admit. I had high hopes that it would be phenomenal. It just wasn't. Come on, Part 2, blow my mind!!! Please?

Must admit I had a nice laugh at Jeremy re-creating the bicycle scenes from Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid, one of my favorite movies as well. Kind of bummed this wasn't done with a live audience so they could do their Christmas gift segment during the news that they haven't been able to do since 2010 I believe.

Beautiful landscape and bridgecrossing adventures, but hopefully in part two will be a bit more action. All in all a ~7 for me.

You see the Esprit reflection in the 928, I know that they know what the others are driving. But in my heart they don't know until we know.

Love James safari suit and his Esprit.

I don't like when they flashforward and tell you what happens.
I'm sorry, no one would buy that Mustang its terrible.
We've heard parts of the Jeremy story before, but never the full thing. :cry:
Argentina is beautiful.
Stripey shirt.

Not great and a bit boring.

Stunning scenery...not much else, I'm afraid.

Then you missed a great deal. They more or less deconstructed Top Gear in the space of the hour. May is no longer the butt of the others' jokes - it's now Hammond who is bearing the brunt. I loved the description of him being chirpy and annoying (which we have been saying here for a while), Clarkson actually showing more than a passing knowledge of the workings of en engine, referencing very old gags with the cow on the roof and so much more.

I think we are very close now to the end of Top Gear in its current incarnation. Possibly one of the reasons why the upcoming run is longer than we have come to expect. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the last one. Fingers crossed they bow out on a high.

Loved it, much much better than last three specials (India, Africa and Burma) ... can't wait to watch part 2

JC: "But is it straight?"
RH: "YES!"

:lol:

+ Hammond German accent
+ Lotus Esprit V8
+ Clarkson story about why he chose the Porsche
+ Clarkson fixing his car
+ James Bond / May
+ ...
- James May pajamas (I hope I can get this out of my memory) :p

I was pleasantly surprised how good it was, I enjoyed the episode for the most parts.
Stunning scenery, well made and cut and I also get the feeling they are enjoying doing the show again.

I really hope this is not the end of Top Gear (This season), but I would understand it.

Then you missed a great deal. They more or less deconstructed Top Gear in the space of the hour. May is no longer the butt of the others' jokes - it's now Hammond who is bearing the brunt. I loved the description of him being chirpy and annoying (which we have been saying here for a while), Clarkson actually showing more than a passing knowledge of the workings of en engine, referencing very old gags with the cow on the roof and so much more.

I think we are very close now to the end of Top Gear in its current incarnation. Possibly one of the reasons why the upcoming run is longer than we have come to expect. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the last one. Fingers crossed they bow out on a high.

Very well put, exactly what I felt. To say it with Clarkson's words "it felt like (the beginning of) an ending", especially considering there seem to be no new contracts signed.
But it was a good show, even though it wasn't their best. Still amazed that the cars survived all the abuse.