[23x02] September 23rd, 2013

[23x02] September 23rd, 2013

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I feel it was better than last week's episode, I am surprised that fuel injection cleaner really works...

Ah... Vicki, Vicki, Vicki! Wasn't she lovely tonight?:p

Somebody noticed the line Tiff needle was holding and how close he was to the fence at the exit of the curve in the Mazda 6 on the circuit?

He was awfuly close yea, was also thinking about it when watching..

Other than that... the segment about horsepower loss was very interesting. Simple, to the point, relevant. I wouldnt mind if it was longer and gave also some info on loss regarding measuring on the flywheel (crackshaft or what is it? ) or on the wheels directly and whether/how time affects it.

In general compared to the stupid previous ep. with that r8 vs. maserati vs... test, it was much better.

Last edited:
How did they account for the drive-train loss? If they number they tested is to the wheels, it's much higher than 190hp at crank after all the tune-ups.

Good episode, but the GT86 vs Megane test was a bit of a joke. The first test was more about the driver than the cars, and I would say the Megane had that test in the bag. The second test was just idiotic. FWD vs RWD and 33% of the score is based on which car can do the best drifts? Really? Why not just make the next test which one is the best French hot hatch. But I guess they had to come up with at least one test the GT86 could possibly win.

I agree with the end results, to an extent. The GT86 is almost definitely the more fun car, assuming the only thing you find fun is drifting. But the main reason why hot hatches took over the world was not because of fun-to-drive factor, or drift-ability, but because most people need a practical car, but want a fun car. The hot hatch is the perfect compromise. Until Toyota/Subaru make a shooting brake version of the GT86/FRS/BRZ :mrgreen: it's simply not going to match a hatchback for practicality.