[26x05] Mar. 17, 2019- Last LeBlanc episode :(

How'd you like it?

• Total voters

Ripplin

Car(s)
2003 VW Golf TDI
And last for Rory as a main show presenter as well... Why?!

Matt tests the new Vantage, Rory tests the new Phantom, and Chris tests the new Fiesta ST. Rory also tests automated braking. Lots of outtakes at the end, too! :)

Very short series.

The two new presenters are probably better than Rory. Definitely funnier and better at stupid banter.

"It's not an ugly car, but..." Yeah, that's how I feel too, Matt. It's a 'not ugly' car. ? The backhanded compliment it deserves. I like how the segment ended in a non-Aston way, haha.

The Phantom review was decent. Still wondering when/if they'll make a truly new version of it.

Chris' quick reviews were pretty amusing. Spitting before talking about the SUVs was a nice touch.

The automatic braking test was an extremely short, though somewhat interesting, fluff piece.

Fiesta ST vs. Aventador was good. Fun to see the Aventador where no one would ever take it. "I'm going to use my nose lifter ... it was already up!" Haha. Shame North America is stuck with the Mustang and a bunch of meh from Ford now.

Nice end to a very short series. I'll give it a 7.

The Aston test was typical TG, so average but good enough. Matt makes it work.
I found the Phantom test completely stupid and lacking though. The writing was so so dumb.
The automatic braking was kinda interesting, the moving adhoc cardboard dummy was hilarious and quite ingenius in a way. But I am very interested whether or not VW will respond to this, because in this day and age, when companies are extremely sensitive to anything mentioned with their name, to say that their renowned braking system that is in every brochure doesnt work....hmm.. that is quite a punch for their PR/image.

And lastly, CHris Harris. FFS STOP please trying to be funny. Not one of his jokes landed, the interview with Matt's friend where he kept interjecting and trying to be funny, was abysmal, Chris kept trying to interupt with "jokes" that both Matt and Steven completely ignored. I think one landed out of all. The worst thing a presenter (and basically anyone,even you or I in everyday life) can do Is force to be something that they are the farthest thing from.
Chris youre not funny. Not even a little bit and have zero timing for jokes.

Last edited:
Chris and Matt were really good and funny team during whole season. Sorry that Matt will go, looking forward to see how new presenters will be.