Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA

Turin revives historic GTA nameplate for lightweight range-topper with 533bhp and wild styling

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...omeo-giulia-gta-firms-most-powerful-model-yet

https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/media_center/insights/Pages/giulia_gta.aspx

ESIiPGJWsAYvlba

The Photoshop is terrible, and there's nothing more Italian than making a 4-door 2 seater, but FUCKING YES, I WANT IT

It would be so much easier if Alfas were ugly. I know they are horribly unreliable and miserable to own - but god damn they look amazing.

It's the Alfa Romeo's Jag SV Project 8, or broader speaking, a 911 GT3 RS by Alfa Romeo. Which means that I like it, but would prefer the Quadrofoglio for the fact it has a manual gearbox, and also because if I were after a super sedan, I'd want something that would actually be usable on the road.

Just the GTAm. The GTA doesn't have that ridiculous spoiler, and it also retains the rear seats.

I like it, but I fear it will be priced way above say, a Charger w/ 5.7l and sell 2 a year because it’s out of reach for the ones that actually want it.

I like it, but I fear it will be priced way above say, a Charger w/ 5.7l and sell 2 a year because it’s out of reach for the ones that actually want it.
I'd expect it to be priced above the Charger Hellcat, honestly.

I'd expect it to be priced above the Charger Hellcat, honestly.

Yeah, and thats why I'd see something like this not do well at least in the US. The 60-75,000 range of buyer in the states isn't looking for an Alfa let alone would probably know the brand other than another Fix It Again Tony special...

It would be so much easier if Alfas were ugly. I know they are horribly unreliable and miserable to own - but god damn they look amazing.
RIGHT!?

It would be so much easier if Alfas were ugly. I know they are horribly unreliable and miserable to own

giphy.gif

Now I want to see a head to head comparison between the Quadrifoglio, GTA and the GTAm.

I don't think I like it - it's overdesigned and brings nothing substantially new - desperately needed new front headlights for example.

It's the Alfa Romeo's Jag SV Project 8, or broader speaking, a 911 GT3 RS by Alfa Romeo. Which means that I like it, but would prefer the Quadrofoglio for the fact it has a manual gearbox, and also because if I were after a super sedan, I'd want something that would actually be usable on the road.

Manual was dropped in 2017 IIRC.

You know that, like, from personal experience? I owned three and loved them. They were mostly reliable, but of course had their age and use related issues. They were a joy to drive and I always liked looking back at them. So If you like the looks and think that it's a car for you, ignore the widespread bullshit and give it a try.

Oh oh, I know how this one goes. Someone posts the reliability ratings showing the Italian brands at the bottom of the pile, then you say that the entire continent is biased and idiotic and clearly treating them the wrong way. Then someone else says the driving environments are different and that is also shunned because it's impossible for cars to behave that differently across continents. One thing leads to another and then we end up on an argument about the state of the forum before agreeing to disagree :p

Where is @Spectre when he is needed?

Oh oh, I know how this one goes. Someone posts the reliability ratings showing the Italian brands at the bottom of the pile, then you say that the entire continent is biased and idiotic and clearly treating them the wrong way. Then someone else says the driving environments are different and that is also shunned because it's impossible for cars to behave that differently across continents. One thing leads to another and then we end up on an argument about the state of the forum before agreeing to disagree :p

too bad those rating don't tell anything about the people who buy these cars
most people i know who buy alfa's only care about image, have no mechanical feeling and don't have the money to properly maintain it
any car would break down with them