Ownership Verified: Anesthesia's daily driver. I skipped the 90's

That central locking motor I replaced on the passenger side? Well I broke the one on the drivers side. I pulled the handle at the same time I pushed the button in my pocket. The motor was half way in the motion when I yanked on the handle and it broke it. Well at least it's cheap an easy to fix. :D

I also put summer tires on, some very generic 17" wheels with black round tires that'll do a few seasons. The ones on them were bald(I knew this buying the car), but I had a set I could use on the wheel so that was not a big issue. The wheels are an inch bigger than the OEM wheels with the studded tires(that probably will be changed for next winter) but still the car sits very high. I will also need to do the rear discs and pads soonish, but this was also a thing I negotiated the price down with.

Even so, I'll fight the urge to drop it even a little since it's mainly a daily driver. Good thing about gray cars is that you can't tell it's dirty as hell. :D
gcA4tbg.jpg

I didn't plan on driving this just yet but since the hatch blew up I had no choice. I also had to MOT this thing this week. To my surprise it was quick and painless. Few broken bulbs(one of witch I did know about but forgot to change) and the rear anti roll bar bushings need replacing. Everything else was in perfect order. Verbal advice to change the brakes(that I did already mention previously).

I still plan on dropping it and getting some other wheels. I also broke the drivers side door lock actuator playing with it. But I've changed the other side so I'll get that sorted in no time at all.

The accord needed rear brakes. This was the case when I bought it and a while back I had do deal with it. I did drive some days with the brakes sounding like death itself, do not recommend. :D

The old ones were rly shot.

c26o0Yj.jpg

CohYOsw.jpg

New parts installed.
LSVnuO2.jpg

The piston compression tool got so stuck I had to use persuasion to get it out. Never have I seen one get so stuck. Ended up needing a new one. :D
hrFDKdZ.jpg

lnynEKZ.jpg

Looks just like the brake pads found on countless Volkswagens, Renaults and PSA products. Funny how some parts become the village bicycle of the automotive market.

Looks just like the brake pads found on countless Volkswagens, Renaults and PSA products. Funny how some parts become the village bicycle of the automotive market.
Sometimes it's odd how far apart cars that share parts can be.