Bugatti Chiron (Veyron successor) spied during testing

I know this is just a drop in three bucket of the total oil change cost, but it uses 44 quarts of oil. 11 gallons. :lol:

Shit dude. 44 quarts? :lol:

That's almost 42 litres... That's 5.6x more than my 3.0 V6, for only 2.67x the displacement. Is the rest of the oil for heat mass?

That's almost 42 litres... That's 5.6x more than my 3.0 V6, for only 2.67x the displacement. Is the rest of the oil for heat mass?

I'll assume either that or those turbos really need a ton of the stuff?

Holy crap that's almost as much oil as an RX-7 uses.

Daily. ;)

I'll assume either that or those turbos really need a ton of the stuff?

Daily. ;)

To me, it would seem silly to share engine oil with the turbos on car this fancy.

To me, it would seem silly to share engine oil with the turbos on car this fancy.

Maybe it is I have no idea how this car is engineered. :blink:

I know this is just a drop in three bucket of the total oil change cost, but it uses 44 quarts of oil. 11 gallons. :lol:

Jesus, no wonder it weighs as must as a small moon space station.

Looks like The Agera RS has more to give.

I've allways thougt weight doesnt make a difference at speeds above 300 kph becuse drag becomes the primary factor. Guess I was wrong. Interesting in any case. But imho the gearbox and chirons chassis will probably get at least 300 bhp bump in the special editions. Chiron just doens't feel they went all out, feels more cost effective evolution of veyron.

The Agera won this race between 300-400 km/h, it had a horrible 0-100 time and a not great 100-200 time due to poor traction.

edit. And it's 400-0 was slower than the Chiron.

Last edited:
I've allways thougt weight doesnt make a difference at speeds above 300 kph becuse drag becomes the primary factor. Guess I was wrong. Interesting in any case. But imho the gearbox and chirons chassis will probably get at least 300 bhp bump in the special editions. Chiron just doens't feel they went all out, feels more cost effective evolution of veyron.

The Agera won this race between 300-400 km/h, it had a horrible 0-100 time and a not great 100-200 time due to poor traction.

edit. And it's 400-0 was slower than the Chiron.

There's your answer. F=MA remember?

I know what the answer is, becuse I watched the video. I expected the main difference between the 2 cars would be braking and 100-300kph, not 300-400.