Covid 19 CRISIS

You agree with the apparent implication that Hispanics can't be doctors or nurses and can only bag groceries? Really? I actually find it ironic that in an effort to be an SJW the artist managed to discriminate.

Using that logic, women can't be nurses and men can't be doctors. Makes sense.

You agree with the apparent implication that Hispanics can't be doctors or nurses and can only bag groceries? Really? I actually find it ironic that in an effort to be an SJW the artist managed to discriminate.
You truly are a Gold Medallist at Totally Missing the Point 400 metres aren't you?

Part of the message, perhaps even the main part, is that Hispanics and other non-white, possibly immigrants workers, so often invisible to many during the course of their normal lives, are just as much front line soldiers in the fight against this pandemic as those in the medical profession.

While I'm safe at home, luckily on Govt funded furlough, the staff at our local Co-op (other convenience stores are available) are grafting their butts off to keep shelves stocked while deep cleaning constantly throughout the day, washing their hands red raw, all for a fraction above minimum wage. Sure in our local case all of them bar one are white and all British but their hard work and willingness to carry on in spite of increased risk to themselves so that we can continue to live in a normal fashion is something for which we can and should all be very grateful.

TL:DR? WoNkY, stop being an asshat.

...Hispanics and other non-white, possibly immigrants workers, so often invisible to many during the course of their normal lives, are just as much front line soldiers in the fight against this pandemic as those in the medical profession.
There you go again with the implication that non-whites are all grocery store workers. WTF? You can't simply say that "grocery store workers are often invisible to many"?

There you go again with the implication that non-whites are all grocery store workers. WTF? You can't simply say that "grocery store workers are often invisible to many"?
I wasn't saying that at all, stop putting words into my mouth. There are Hispanic medics just as there are crackers bagging groceries. Again you miss the point just for the sake of appearing right and a Spectre-esque, pathological need to feel you're right in every argument.

The cartoon calls for people to appreciate the efforts made by people on lower paid and more menial jobs. The artist uses Carlos because Hispanics and other minorities are disproportionately represented in that stratum of working society. That is all.

It's also a wake up call to asshats who think that immigration is the cause of all their ills and that "we're gonna build a wall" was a great reason to vote an egotistical and frankly thick psychotic into the most powerful office in the so-called free world.

I agree the article is a bit "dreamy", but there is more than a little right in there too.

To add some levity.

Nevermind the immigrants working for peanuts at the hospital laundry facilities in the bad parts of cities, or food process factories or all the maintence mechanical guys making sure the equipment in these places doesn’t break.

there’s a whole lot more going to support the systems in place. We only focus on what we can see. Though I also don’t see truck drivers in this which also should be mentioned.

The artist uses Carlos because Hispanics and other minorities are disproportionately represented in that stratum of working society. That is all.
By that logic you wouldn't have an issue with a cartoon that shows criminals as black, since blacks commit a disproportionate number of crimes in this country, right? Just checking, because people like to complain about things like that quite a bit.

It's also a wake up call to asshats who think that immigration is the cause of all their ills and that "we're gonna build a wall" was a great reason to vote an egotistical and frankly thick psychotic into the most powerful office in the so-called free world.
Why do you assume that Carlos is an immigrant? And since you mention the wall, it sounds like you're also assuming that Carlos is an illegal immigrant - why?

@LeVeL, WTF? Is it everything I post is that inflammatory to you, or do you just go that far out of your way to find something?

Now seriously, stop making things political in, just like you wanted them.

Immigrants aren't only capable of working laundry...

There you go assuming everyone that is Hispanic and in a low paying job of being an immigrant. Many are born here.

Seriously, just stop.

Reactions: MWF
There you go assuming everyone that is Hispanic and in a low paying job of being an immigrant. Many are born here.

Seriously, just stop.
Flareside said it, not me. I'm saying the exact opposite. Seriously, just stop reposting soft racist crap from a known moron.

Anyways, back to the Wuhan virus...

@LeVeL

There is only one Carlos in the cartoon. He is there as a lone example of everyone who might do a low paid and unskilled job, be they native born or a migrant, legal or otherwise, white or a minority.

I'm not saying it's right of any society, but in my travels in TX an FL the bulk of the people who were emptying garbage cans or servicing my motel rooms were of Hispanic origin. All the cartoon does is to remind people that these people, regardless of ethnicity or anything else, are just as crucial to society as anyone else at the front line of this pandemic.

Now can you please stop being such a monumental and inflammatory Bell end?

@MWF @93Flareside @GRtak can't you see he is playing the "permanently offended SJW" role just to mess with you? Stop engaging with him.

We the people let this happen to our government. It has been trimmed and weakened to save a few bucks on the tax bill, and fewer complications for companies(helps maximize profits, don't cha know?).
That’s rather irrelevant, but outside of that government is made up of people, people who can also get sick in a pandemic, people who also worry about their families, people who also worry about running out of supplies, etc...
I think this is an example of where modern supply practices become a problem. It is not common for stores to have a large stockroom anymore. The shelves are the storage for products. So when something happens, and people stock up, there is no extra supply any where in the supply chain to pick up the slack.
They are stores not warehouses, as it is US stores end up throwing out a bunch of expired food (that’s likely just fine) because they overestimated demand for it. It makes no sense for stores to have massive stock piles.
I, like many others, enjoy chocolate covered peanuts.
So you saying you like M&Ms? I never seen em run out in any store I been to. Also you probably can order them online.

To complain about stores not being prepared for an unprecedented run on is more than a little silly. This isn’t business as usual, this is something that no one has experienced for a century.

The failure here is completely on the feds side, this is literally the whole point of the government, to ensure that in a shit storm they have enough of whatever is needed.

The failure here is completely on the feds side, this is literally the whole point of the government, to ensure that in a shit storm they have enough of whatever is needed.
It's mostly on the states, to be honest. The feds did have a stockpile or some of the supplies that we're currently missing but they were drained during the N1H1 breakout in 2009 and never refilled.

^ :rolleyes:

This is going to sound strange, but alcohol is essential for alcoholics. If you cut them off cold-turkey with no access to medical supervision they can seize and even die. The other reason to keep the alcohol flowing is because it can help placate the masses; try to take it away and you are more likely to have a lot of grumbling and eventual unrest.

I understand what you're saying. Was just making an example. People are getting a bit too tense about all of this in my opinion. I'm not saying it's a serious situation, but let people atleast have some nice food at home when there is little else to do... Thankfully my local supermarket now has almost everything back in stock, with a few exceptions. If queueing keeps hoarders away, I'm happy with for for the next month or two.

Yeah, the masks have already been mandatory for 2 weeks in the Czech Republic, and most people are wearing the home-made variety. Looks like Austria will now be making them mandatory at least for supermarket visits. Not sure why most non-Asian countries are so slow to adopt this. As far as I know, in Asia this is still mandatory even in countries that seem to have already got it under control.

Btw, the test volumes were further up on Monday, and the positive test results are now down to 3.5 %. If this trend continues in the next few days then we might finally have it under control.