Cpt.70's NotAHonda - 1983 Triumph Acclaim L

JTuhka

I found some mk2 Civic paneIs like all 4 door skins and rear valance as new repair panels. All of them in Finland and same store. They also list one "80-83 2 door rear arch right".

For example here's the rear valance panel: https://www.mc-scatter.com/autotarvikkeet/auto-vara-osat/honda/civic/95784-honda-civic-82-83-korjauspala-t-helma

I also came across this:
Action from this made-for-TV event, held at Donington Park. Featuring four racing drivers - Keke Rosberg, John Watson, Nigel Mansell and Derek Daly - competing against four rally drivers: Tony Pond, Pentti Airikkala, Stig Blomqvist and Terry Kaby. The action comprises a rally stage, an autotest in Triumph Acclaims, and a circuit race in MG Metros. Originally broadcast on BBC Grandstand, with commentary by Murray Walker. Converted from VHS TV recording.

captain_70s

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'77 Triumph Dolomite 1300 + '83 Triumph Acclaim
I found some mk2 Civic paneIs like all 4 door skins and rear valance as new repair panels. All of them in Finland and same store. They also list one "80-83 2 door rear arch right".

For example here's the rear valance panel: https://www.mc-scatter.com/autotarvikkeet/auto-vara-osat/honda/civic/95784-honda-civic-82-83-korjauspala-t-helma
The funny thing is that, despite being based on the same platform and looking very similar, the Honda Ballade/Triumph Acclaim has hardly any panels in common with the Civic saloon/sedan! I guess Honda really wanted to differentiate the Ballade as a more upmarket car than the Civic, it must have been too expensive though because by the time the Mk2 Ballade arrived in 1983 it shared many more parts with the new mk3 Civic.

Even the arches aren't identical as there is a crease in them but I reckon they're close enough I could cut off the bits I need...

That video is great, I don't drive my car quite as hard! The Metro race looked like great fun. :LOL: