Explain your Screen-name

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
A bit like Jayhawk's avatar thread. Some are pretty obvious and others I realise people might want to keep to themselves as they are personal, but if you feel like it why not put your explanation here. I'll do mine in the morning when I'm less exhausted and a lot more sober! ;)

And I've been meaning to do this for ages, but it was Jay who prompted me so :bow: to him.

Reactions: Jay
http://forums.finalgear.com/off-topic/the-story-behind-your-username-27157/

As for my name:
Was playing starcraft with my friends when it came out 4 thousand years ago and I was in 8th grade. I just installed the expansion, Brood Wars, and was fiddling around with it. My favorite unit soon became the Lurker (It was just a cute little thing, I wanted to get one for a pet) But I always wondered wtf was the use of the "Patrol" command for lurkers. They have to burrow to attack and they can't patrol while burrowed, and they don't burrow when patrolling and they discover an enemy. So with time running short for decisions on a new nickname, I just said "brb" to my friends and came back as "LurkerPatrol". They laughed out loud at my idiocy but refused when I said I would change my nick again, and so it just stuck.

So now... both IG and IRL, I am LurkerPatrol... defender of the retarded and imbecilic.

eisbaer originally originated from the wonderful til schweiger movie, but since it was too common i substituted the z.
yes it means polar bear and i like those a lot as well (in addition to the movie). nothing more to it really...

I used to drive a 1.0L Fiat, and for the first year or so, I would upshift only when reaching the 7000rpm rev limiter.
I don?t use this nickname anywhere else, but I tought it was fitting to my behaviour. :lol:

It is my first name, and my favorite species of bird, since I am a birder. I have been using this username for ten years, the first time being on the MST3K bulletin board.

Also, it is a variation of my nickname "jaybird", of which I only allow a few people to call me that in real life.

Nati it's short for Natalia, my first my name according to my ID (though everybody call me by my middle name, Ailin)

I genuinely have no idea. It was during a period where I was sick of the name I was using elsewhere (citric acid, taken from the coolest sounding root beer ingredient) and I picked it for some reason.

Evel (Which far too many people spell as "Evil") was just the result of some username brainstorming a couple years ago, when I was joining the WarRock forums and needed a username. Only later did I find out that this was identical to Robert Craig Knievel's nickname.

Used to be captain_slow but natuaraly this was taken on many forums so I switched to captain_70s based on my love on 1970s cars and music.

I use it for pretty much everything now-a-days, its a good username, although it was already taken on YouTube. :(

The "equiraptor" is a genetically engineered combination of horse and eagle genes from the Star Trek book "Enterprise: The First Adventure". When I was first picking a screenname, I wanted something that would represent my interests (I picked horses as a priority, followed by flute and Star Trek / general nerdiness), and that would be unique. As I thought over horses and sci-fi, I remembered the flying horse from the book, and chose that. It's not my identity, to the point where many "IRL" friends call me "equi" or "horse".

comes from my days playing the Star Wars Galaxies MMORPG. I created a character called Jedd Kenobi and it was a combination of 2 of my favorite characters. Many assume that the Jedd comes from some wordplay of jedi, except that was never my intention (and it took several years before i even noticed it) but it actually comes from the US TV show The West Wing. At the time i was creating the character The West Wing was my favorite tv show and of course the President in that series was called Jed Bartlet. So i took the first name and combined it with my favorite Star Wars character and created Jedd Kenobi.
The name just stuck over the years and i've always kept it. When i moved from SWG to World of WarCraft my first character was named Jedd and still keep it.

Citizenship, favorite TV show, and gender.

I have been considering changing it, but I have yet to think of a name I like...

First name (Brydie) and the racing number of my favourite World Superbikes rider (the "76" bit). Also the inspiration of my sig (the latter)

Used to be "brydiem" of course, which was my first name (brydie) and the first initial of my last name. I know quite a few people have found interesting pronunciations of it! :lol:

Other ones I use include "drummercat", which is from my former love of the drummer in every band and my still current love of cats :D

Last edited:
I'd been piratestef on a bunch of places forever. I like pirates, and my name is Stef.

One day, on a board that permits multiple usernames for the lulz (users would occasionally register joke names to poke fun at each other there), I got bored and registered "ninjacoco" to stir the pot. Coco is my favorite stuffed rabbit (see avatar) and she's a ninja because I was a pirate, and, well, you know how ninjas and pirates get along.

I actually decided that I liked "ninjacoco" better, so I stuck with that name instead. I promise not to act like a belligerent stuffed rabbit, I swear!

My initials are KJN. Just say it out loud like it was a word. Vowels added for your phonetic pleasure. :wink:

Citizenship, favorite TV show, and gender.

I have been considering changing it, but I have yet to think of a name I like...

I read that as "gender" then "I have been thinking of changing it." :lol:

Teacher in 5th or 6th grade (same one both years) was talking roll, noticed my initials are NAB and called me Nabster. This was before that music sharing Napster crap. So they stole my nickname.

I didn't want a screenname that needed a string of numbers after it, and nobody else uses "spicysaurus". Spicy is a fairly good description of my personality. I have no idea how I attached saurus to it, but it works.

And since I've started meeting FGheads in person, more and more people are calling me "spicy" instead of Elizabeth. It's taking some getting used to.