Harley-Davidson Suspends LiveWire Production

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
The Wall Street Journal today reported Harley-Davidson is suspending production of the much-anticipated LiveWire due to an undisclosed issue involving the vehicle’s charging system. According to the WSJ article, Harley-Davidson has asked customers to avoid charging their LiveWires with their home outlets and instead charge via DCFC at their local Harley-Davidson dealership until the matter is resolved.

The charging issue, says Harley, does not compromise the safety of the LiveWire to operate.

I think it is a ploy to get people into the dealerships. lol

They seem to be having teething issues, and it is working on what is wrong. So this should only be temporary.

I think it is a ploy to get people into the dealerships. lol

They seem to be having teething issues, and it is working on what is wrong. So this should only be temporary.

I swear, Harley has been pimping them at every IMS in Dallas since I started going back in like 2015?

They have the stupid 'ride experience' upright rolling road for people to sit and twist the throttle. With all the R&D and testing, you'd think the kinks would be worked out.

Harley isn't what it used to be, but I've also heard of issues with the Milwaukee 8 popping up already. Hoping they get their shit together.

Man if Harley goes, that just leaves Mercury Marine and Allen Bradley for big employers up there. Sure theres that Foxconn building about an hour south of Milwaukee but that seems like snake oil.

I swear, Harley has been pimping them at every IMS in Dallas since I started going back in like 2015?

They have the stupid 'ride experience' upright rolling road for people to sit and twist the throttle. With all the R&D and testing, you'd think the kinks would be worked out.

Harley isn't what it used to be, but I've also heard of issues with the Milwaukee 8 popping up already. Hoping they get their shit together.

It sounds like someone at a dealer did something stupid with the charger that the engineers didn't think of. If there is a way to break something, regardless of how improbable, the end user will find it.

It sounds like someone at a dealer did something stupid with the charger that the engineers didn't think of. If there is a way to break something, regardless of how improbable, the end user will find it.

Ah, yes, sales droid incompetence. That'll do it.

we call them "experts unrestricted by any knowlegde"
i have a boss like that :D

Oh no! Where will I get my under-performing, short-range e-motorcycle that pretends to run on gas with the help of a speaker and pay $10,000 more than the competition?

https://www.motorcycle.com/manufact...ey-davidson-suspends-livewire-production.html

We now know that the Milwaukee brand will actually dive into its history to give the Livewire a truly unique sound. In fact, the company confirmed that the model will come equipped with a customizable note function and a variety of engine sounds to choose from, accessible via the onboard computer.
The system will use a compact “engine sound system” that will use two speakers located on the tail of the bike to produce the artificial engine sound. The system will be synched with the throttle input, which means the bike will mimic the sound of an engine at idle and increase the “revolutions” as soon as the throttle is twisted.

So pretty much this:

Big(ly lame) if true.

Edit: saw reply, now I must find one and hack it so it makes the Jetson's pod sound.

Oh no! Where will I get my under-performing, short-range e-motorcycle that pretends to run on gas with the help of a speaker and pay $10,000 more than the competition?
Are they also going to add a vibrator motor to make it feel as shitty as gasoline ones?

No, but you can hang an oil can from it and poke a hole in the bottom for a more authentic Harley Heritage Experience.