Holidays 2019 Cross Country Roadtrip Planning

I mean, a solid week of it was spent hanging around LA.

I am thinking I may need to do more trips like this, though.

5000 miles so far.

On I-64 in Indiana for the night. About 11 hours of driving to go.

Butt diagnostic (literally, I can feel it through my butt sitting here) says the BRZ has a noticeable misfire at idle. Guess it's gonna be a cold night if I shut this thing down.

It is time to try again. Aiming for the spring. Driving what? No clue! Having the Jeep would be cool and let me do some dirt bits, but I'm not sure I trust it quite that much, and it's a thirsty bitch. Plus the transfer case is messed up again.

I'm planning on keeping the US-412 run from the Mississippi to New Mexico, but heavily changing the eastern end. I'm not sure what I'm going to do out west yet - I didn't actually use any of the routes I planned last time because of the snow. There were some interesting roads left untraveled near the diversions I took last time, too.

First, though, because I'm a complete nut, I'm going to *write* roadtrip planning software, because Google Maps can bite me.

Will the software be called Navigating By Bad Ideas? If it's global I'd be interested in playing with it.

I hadn't tried Furkot, seems decent. I've used RouteYou in the past and OsMand to display a GPX route on a mobile device. Google Maps has been decent recently, I just got used to using it when I had the Tesla.