Just how dead is TG AUS?

As far as I know, it's dead dead due to bad ratings. They didn't even finish airing the whole last season on the normal channel.

Dammit. Even with the host change, it was quite watchable.
Perhaps in a few years time.
Thanks guys

Dammit. Even with the host change, it was quite watchable.
Perhaps in a few years time.
Thanks guys

Check out Top Gear America. It's what Top Gear Australia wanted to be.

Check out Top Gear America. It's what Top Gear Australia wanted to be.

Top Gear Australia was more faithful to the top gear format, they had star in a reasonably priced car (ute) car reviews, proper challenges and the stigs new zealand cousin. Top Gear america is trying to be a history channel program with cars in it.

Top Gear Australia was more faithful to the top gear format, they had star in a reasonably priced car (ute) car reviews, proper challenges and the stigs new zealand cousin. Top Gear america is trying to be a history channel program with cars in it.

I think that TGUSA is better for it. TGA tried to be a direct copy of TGUK without having the necessary chemistry between to hosts or banter. It was very forced and artificial. Some segments worked, but for the most part it was very poorly executed.

I think that TGUSA is better for it. TGA tried to be a direct copy of TGUK without having the necessary chemistry between to hosts or banter. It was very forced and artificial. Some segments worked, but for the most part it was very poorly executed.

I'm not really convinced that the hosts by themselves were very good let alone the chemistry, though that one fellow... Steve I thought had some potential though I did appreciate the effort they made, Top Gear USA have taken an attack from the focus groups I think I mean they don't even use Jessica.

The shows dead but the hosts are still around as TGA hosts.Steve and Shane are co-hosting the Top Gear Festival this weekend with James & Jeremy at Sydney Motorsports Park.

The Sydney Morning Herald ran an article on the 12th noting that Jeremy and James held a "wrap party" for the "Australian edition of the show". I assume they are referring to the Festival from the previous week?

Last edited:
The Sydney Morning Herald ran an article on the 12th noting that Jeremy and James held a "wrap party" for the "Australian edition of the show". I assume they are referring to the Festival from the previous week?

I believe so, yes. Clarkson was posting a bunch of photos on Twitter. All 3 of the TG Aus hosts were at the party.

Detective Inspector Jim O?Brien in Fat Tony & Co
http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/fattonyandco/latest/season-1/shane-jacobson-interview//
resizer.aspx

Last edited:
about as funny as hitting your thumb with a hammer ----- cringeworthy :?