Koenigsegg Gemera

jack_christie

Forum Addict
i am so glad this brand exists :)

OK, hold up.

2-liter inline 3 making close to 600hp. This would be incredible on its own.
It has the freevalve technology, which is also VERY interesting.
I really really want to see this engine in something lighter and sportier...like a Focus RS or something.

With that said. This things looks AMAZING.

I just love that in one of the promo photos of the interior, it looks like Lateralus by Tool was playing on the infotainment system.

It's shock and awe everytime Koeningsegg reveals a new car. They really are in a class of their own. :love:

2-liter inline 3 making close to 600hp. This would be incredible on its own.
It has the freevalve technology, which is also VERY interesting.
I really really want to see this engine in something lighter and sportier...like a Focus RS or something.

Making those numbers is much easier when running on 100% ethanol or methanol. I wonder what it makes on gasoline.

The freevalve tech is amazing and it's so great to see an old idea get resurrected like this.

Here's a British Leyland patent from 1972 for solenoid actuated valves: https://patents.google.com/patent/US3882833

Saab was seriously pursuing this and Koenigsegg very likely got some important research data from Saabs liquidation.

2.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine. Despite its size, though, it produces an impressive 600bhp

:blink:

Making those numbers is much easier when running on 100% ethanol or methanol. I wonder what it makes on gasoline.
Still, Mercedes had the highest power 2-liter inline-4 with 380hp. That's 220hp/58% more! That is more than just turning to alcohol. Also, a three-cylinder.

Fuck me this is nice. The power to displacement does not compute with me...

love it.