Play on Xbox Live? Check out this thread

I am still playing Forza2 along with GTA4.

What happened to the gXboxLive list? I only see two people listed now :(

What happened to the gXboxLive list? I only see two people listed now :(
Xbox Live is down which is causing people to get pruned.

I noticed Live was down on the 29th, but I logged in earlier today no problem. I'm guessing the leaderboard will be back to normal tomorrow.

I am going to buy X-Box Live..what are some of the best games to play?

It comes down to what type of gamer you are. I like my FPS so I play too much Halo and not enough CoD4. Halo seems to attract all the racist idiots though.

GTA4's multiplayer was pretty good for the little bit I played. Great mayhem, although a little bit laggy in parts.

Live is also good for the Live Arcade games it has on there. A whole range of little games and older retro games available to download (at a price of course) but there are some really sweet ones on there.

It all comes down to whether you'll find the right game and whether you'll use it. It's quite a bit ($80AUD for a year) but in my eyes it's been worth it because I've had many hours of great entertainment out of it.

I just realised that you can see people's miis - sorry I mean avatars - on the gxboxlive list. Prty cul.

If anyone wants to play Forza2 or whatever, feel free to add me and invite when I'm on.

I just realised that you can see people's miis - sorry I mean avatars - on the gxboxlive list. Prty cul.

Yup, it's true. Mine has a monkey which carries over from my current avatar I guess.

Does anyone know what the monkey is in my Live profile? Donkey Kong...? :dunno:

I meant these guys. Monocle + fedora + handlebar 'stache = win.

I guess you don't have one since you're on XWindows Live! (btw, Games For Windows needs more Windows Live games, otherwise it's just an excuse to charge slightly more for the amazing addition of [a bunch of stuff that everyone does already], and 360 controller support! (lol, I'd much rather be able to use my keyboard and mouse on my 360, but I can't, so thank you very much Micro-"we don't like cross-platform games because the thumb fumbling console kids would get wasted by the pc users with their precise input devices"-soft) Bah, the only Windows Live game I have is Fallout 3 and it's single player :p )

I guess you don't have one since you're on XWindows Live! (btw, Games For Windows needs more Windows Live games, otherwise it's just an excuse to charge slightly more for the amazing addition of [a bunch of stuff that everyone does already], and 360 controller support! (lol, I'd much rather be able to use my keyboard and mouse on my 360, but I can't, so thank you very much Micro-"we don't like cross-platform games because the thumb fumbling console kids would get wasted by the pc users with their precise input devices"-soft) Bah, the only Windows Live game I have is Fallout 3 and it's single player :p )

Oh noez! I want an avatar! :cry:

Guess it must be because I don't actually own an Xbox. And I agree, mouse + keyboard FTW. If I wanted to play with a controller I'd have bought a 360.

Is gXboxLive going to be re-enabled eventually? I miss it :(

I hadn't noticed it had gone, but it was a nice feature.

Bumping this because I just noticed that gXboxLive is back. Finalgear friend requests are always welcome and accepted. :)

I'm just curious how many ppl in this thread have been hit by the infamous Red Rings of Death. I got my xbox repaired about a year ago. It was a nightmare... I had to call the the non English speaking fudge packers at Microsoft like 10 times and it took 2 months to get it repaired. No problems since though. But it's amazing how many ppl get hit by this defect.

xbox-360-red-ring-of-death.jpg

Last edited:
Out of the 7 360s I have gone through, only one was a RROD. The other 5 failures were DVD drive failures and I sold the last refurb unit and got an Elite.

My original Elite system got the RROD after about 18 months. Took it back to Best Buy on their warranty plan and got it replaced. This one has been solid. In light of the new Slim being out, I hope this one doesn't RROD...[/sarcasm]