News: Porsche Taycan (aka: former Mission E)

you should start breathing in pure oxygen, we need it, so can't be harmfull!

you should start breathing in pure oxygen, we need it, so can't be harmfull!
The amount of concentration of CO2 you need for it to be harmful is beyond what we can pump out, so yeah try again.

Propane and natural gas would be great in long haul trucking. Those diesel engines are still pretty dirty and a simple fuel.swap would make a huge difference in their emissions output. Shipping also needs to switch to a much cleaner fuel.

Absolutely they should but try and get a shipping company to buy more Expensive fuel and not stop in South America. We used to work with shipping companies in the past since the company I work for sells a bunch to ships. South America has so much crap in the fuel that it completely ruins the burners and then they come to port in the Gulf and need a bunch of parts we don’t normally stock tomorrow.

Some trucks are natural gas and it’s annoying how it’s not adopted more.

Ships tend to burn what is called bunker fuel, and it is nasty. It is what is left over after refining.

@prizrak, CO2 may not be toxic, but it is part of why the planet is warming up.

CO2 can also be scrubbed from the air.

That is all rather irrelevant as anything that decreases convenience is simply not likely to catch on. Like I mentioned to @bone imagine if you had some sort of amazing decentralized internet that is fully encrypted and 100% private (basically PiperNet on steroids), but it ran at speed of dial up, you think many people would do it?

I mean realistically how many people give a shit about their carbon foot print? Considering that major manufacturers are literally dropping traditional sedans to make SUVs I suspect the number is rather low.

Ships tend to burn what is called bunker fuel, and it is nasty. It is what is left over after refining.

Bunker C/#6 is nasty stuff but South America is especially bad for it. We’ve got equipment on many ships around the world as well as fuel terminals in the Caribbean, fuel quality is shit but it’s cheap.

us culture used to be negros picking cotton as well
Times changes, get used to it and adapt
Please, inform me how to move cities closer together. When I have to go 800 miles in a day, I can't afford to stop and wait for hours for the chance to charge my car for 20 minutes so I can drive another 120 miles and do it all over again.

Please, inform me how to move cities closer together.
Tax the everliving shit out of cars and gas pricing out majority of people out of driving, use the money to build high speed rail lines, bask in creating a that much less free society. Did I miss anything?

The Taycan Cross Turismo is now official.

The Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo isn't the world's first electric wagon, but it's certainly the most exciting. It combines all of the sedan's qualities and sprinkles some extra practicality you'd expect from a car with a longer roof. It sits 0.8 inches (20 millimeters) higher than the regular Taycan or a further 0.4 inches (10 millimeters) provided the Off Road Design Package is included.

The optional kit comes with even more plastic body cladding to mimic the SUV-like look also made possible by using beefier fenders and model-specific rocker panels. The front and rear fascias have been updated, with the most obvious changes being at the back to swap out the trunk lid for a more practical hatch and the essential rear wiper.

Porsche is adding a dedicated Gravel mode to the Taycan Cross Turismo, raising the suspension to its tallest settings and making changes to the stability control and torque management system for better grip on difficult roads. The folks from Zuffenhausen admit the wagon has not been conceived as a "rock-crawling off-roader," but the new Gravel mode makes it more capable on rougher surfaces compared to the sedan.

2021-porsche-taycan-cross-turismo.jpg

2021-porsche-taycan-cross-turismo.jpg

I would much rather they kept the same ride height and did away with the SUV-ness of it. Not every long-roof has to be a crossover/SUV.

I would much rather they kept the same ride height and did away with the SUV-ness of it. Not every long-roof has to be a crossover/SUV.
Agreed, it would be just as good as a wagon. Looks like fun though and I wish I could've got my Model 3 in that colour...

Still too many doors and too fixed roof. 718 electric is promised to happen 2022. Let's wait for that

We have lots of wagons here. You lot over there don't seem to buy an awful lot of them though, so the car makers have to try something.

There's probably a reason Volvo dropped the V70 in favor of a FWD XC70 and Buick only offered the Regal wagon in TourX form. To name two.

While it's quite nice, I would settle for an Arteon or Passat wagon. :p

The Arteon wagon looks awesome.

Still too many doors and too fixed roof. 718 electric is promised to happen 2022. Let's wait for that
Some of us like a 4 door touring estate.

Bad timing from VW, same day as Audi release test drive embargo