Random Tesla news

GRtak

Forum Addict

View: https://youtu.be/gQ6zIHHMlSs
As feared by a few, they did away with the blinker and gear stalks. Thanks, I hate it.
Apart from that, huge meh. More soundproofing can’t hurt, but apart from that… I dunno 🤷‍♂️ front looks weird to me, but that’s probably due to being too used to the old duck face…

Last edited:
Front has improved SO MUCH
See, to me it somehow looks weird and completely blank, could just be any old Camry or something. I dunno. Give me a few months and seeing these on the streets and I’ll probably come round.
Not on ditching the stalks though! 😡

Yeah it's like leaving out the iPhone home button...

Overall I think this isn't an improvement, nor is it worse. The thumbnail on the Carwow video just changed (I hate it when people do that) and it doesn't look as bad in red as it did in blue. I definitely preferred the old lights though.

Sadly I've been in the hate camp since the disabling/removal of the radar and ultrasonic sensors, proven to make the car dangerous as the camera can't be trusted to judge an obstacle as well as the radar could.

Sadly I've been in the hate camp since the disabling/removal of the radar and ultrasonic sensors
OH MY GOD I FORGOT ABOUT THAT! Ughhhhhhhh

Also I totally didn’t realize the Thumbnail changing, wow. But I agree, the red does somehow look better…

Also also: agreed on neither better nor worse. Expected more.

See, to me it somehow looks weird and completely blank, could just be any old Camry or something. I dunno. Give me a few months and seeing these on the streets and I’ll probably come round.
Not on ditching the stalks though! 😡
Agreed. This looks generic, like a car you'd see in a insurance commercial or something lol

I prefer the new rear, but I dislike the new front. I don't *like* the old front, but it still astounds me just how "current" their overall design language on the sedans (at least from the sides) has held up for 11 years. Not "iconic" or "high art", but somehow it's avoided looking as dated as most other designs have.

Although...maybe things are simply progressing more slowly. My 2015 Mazda 3 hatchback still looks quite "fresh" to my eye...though some might say there's some similarities with the Model 3.

In other news:
1693791622112.png

Last edited: