Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

:sick2:
That looks like something a redneck grafted together behind the barn.

It should go back there to be shot. Someone must’ve really hated the engine housing in a normal RV to come up with that idea.

Someone thought the dustbuster minivans just weren't dustbuster-like enough.

That awkward time when you get finance rejection letters in the mail for the car you already have possession of and sold it's predecessor, and nobody at the bank or dealership is particularly interested in returning your calls.

I swear to fuck if this is anything other than the bank getting their wires crossed purely internally my next call is Subaru Corporate. Probably followed by an attorney.

I like it for its ugliness.

A fantastic article (don't mind the lack of formatting making it a borderline unreadable mess):

https://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/1988/02/15/70199/index.htm

Too bad things didn't change for GM. Or if they did, not for long. Though I did hear that Mary Barra does spend a few hours per month answering customer complaints in the call center and is apparently the first executive to do so since Perot.

Basically this

Did you think I was finally done with this bloody lease transaction?

HELL NO.

We had a literal week of radio silence. Nothing. And now we're back to "We need to see driver's licenses and insurance". Why? FUCK KNOWS.

Why the radio silence? Well, apparently the Fedex'd documents got delivered to <someone> who is apparently <somehow> in charge of this transaction who promptly sat on them. Who is that someone? They can't tell us their title. How do we walk to that someone? They can't tell us that either. In other words, that person is entirely fictional and is intended to make me not be angry at the real people.

The contractual payment date is next week. They're swearing up and down that doesn't matter, and that the real payment date is August 1. I don't care what they say, if I don't have a Chase account number by EOD tomorrow, I'm literally walking into a Chase branch and not leaving until they tell me whether or not I have a lease account with them and when it's due. I signed a fucking contract that says it's due on Date X, and I don't default on contracts just because some proven fucknut who isn't party to the contract said it's Actually Date Y.

A fantastic article (don't mind the lack of formatting making it a borderline unreadable mess):

https://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/1988/02/15/70199/index.htm

Too bad things didn't change for GM. Or if they did, not for long. Though I did hear that Mary Barra does spend a few hours per month answering customer complaints in the call center and is apparently the first executive to do so since Perot.

Basically this

The problem is that the people running GM rarely change and on the rare occasions someone is replaced, they are usually quickly indoctrinated into the GM management culture, which is the same from when Perot fought it.

This was the biggest problem and lost opportunity of the Express Obamaruptcy bailout of GM as opposed to a normal bankruptcy - they had a figurehead change but the leadership otherwise remained the same. There was no wholesale deck-clearing of management as would have happened in a normal bankruptcy so the same people that got GM into the hole were left in charge of it to continue making the same bad decisions. And now GM’s looking unhealthy all over again...

Did you think I was finally done with this bloody lease transaction?

HELL NO.

We had a literal week of radio silence. Nothing. And now we're back to "We need to see driver's licenses and insurance". Why? FUCK KNOWS.

Why the radio silence? Well, apparently the Fedex'd documents got delivered to <someone> who is apparently <somehow> in charge of this transaction who promptly sat on them. Who is that someone? They can't tell us their title. How do we walk to that someone? They can't tell us that either. In other words, that person is entirely fictional and is intended to make me not be angry at the real people.

The contractual payment date is next week. They're swearing up and down that doesn't matter, and that the real payment date is August 1. I don't care what they say, if I don't have a Chase account number by EOD tomorrow, I'm literally walking into a Chase branch and not leaving until they tell me whether or not I have a lease account with them and when it's due. I signed a fucking contract that says it's due on Date X, and I don't default on contracts just because some proven fucknut who isn't party to the contract said it's Actually Date Y.

Why did they give you a car if the paperwork isn’t finished?

If you ordered a new Jeep or Chrysler product, your order may be delayed...

derailment-3.jpg

https://fox13now.com/2019/07/10/doz...royed-in-spectacular-nevada-train-derailment/

LINCOLN COUNTY, Nevada — Dozens of brand-new cars and pickup trucks were destroyed after 33 train cars derailed near Caliente, Nevada, on Wednesday.

Lincoln County Sheriff Kerry Lee confirmed the crash just after 9:00 a.m. and said it happened about 30 miles from the Utah-Nevada border.

Lee said the crash was the most spectacular mess he has seen, with mostly new Jeep Rubicons and pickup trucks destroyed in the derailment.

Upside:
The roof holds up!

Damn, that sucks.

I know that it's an FCA product, but I admit to having eyes for a Gladiator.

Relatively common. If the financing doesn't work out the buyer feels trapped into whatever alternative deal they come up with.

This, though sometimes it falls through big time.

Allegedly, my Mustang was ordered for a guy and delivered prior to him being approved for a loan and he returned the car after being rejected from all financing options. And since he never registered the car the dealer was able to sell it to me as new.

That said, I heard this story from another random guy I met with a green Mustang on Woodward who told me "oh if you bought that car from such and such dealer, it was supposed to be my buddy's." I did buy the car from the named dealer, but most of me doesn't believe that story.

Yeah, in that situation the buyer clearly has the option of returning the car, but the dealer is betting on him being emotionally/financially/practically committed by that point. I.e. selling the car it replaced or having traded it in.

This, though sometimes it falls through big time.

Allegedly, my Mustang was ordered for a guy and delivered prior to him being approved for a loan and he returned the car after being rejected from all financing options. And since he never registered the car the dealer was able to sell it to me as new.

That said, I heard this story from another random guy I met with a green Mustang on Woodward who told me "oh if you bought that car from such and such dealer, it was supposed to be my buddy's." I did buy the car from the named dealer, but most of me doesn't believe that story.

What dealer sells a new vehicle without fileing the paperwork to get the new owner the title?

How many miles were on the car when you took posession?

“Not my problem your buddy has poor finances.”