Ringmeet 2019 - Taking in US refugees!

I'm landing super early in Amsterdam Thursday, and driving from there. I'll probably take my time and try to get to the hotel for check in at noon, I imagine I'll be pretty tired from the flight and drive and want to chill out for a while.

I'm landing super early in Amsterdam Thursday, and driving from there. I'll probably take my time and try to get to the hotel for check in at noon, I imagine I'll be pretty tired from the flight and drive and want to chill out for a while.
If you feel like taking a short detour, you can swing by my place, I can show you around my bit of the Netherlands, and then convoi to the campsite.

We were thinking of doing a TG style plane vs car race since I land at AMS about 30 minutes after Victor, but whereas he is driving to the campsite, I'm flying to FRA and driving from there. Probably best not to rush driving through a foreign country while jetlagged (for either of us) for the sake of a race though.

Also, before anyone asks about why we're landing at the same place at more or less the same time and not travelling together..... don't. Its too complicated to explain why we're both departing from New York at the same time, but from different airports on different airlines.

If you feel like taking a short detour, you can swing by my place, I can show you around my bit of the Netherlands, and then convoi to the campsite.
I highly recommend the services of Adunaphel for tours and sightseeing.

That sounds wonderful, I actually hadn't realized just how much of my trip would be in the Netherlands.
FRIED SEAFOOD AND STROOPWAFFELS

JUST DO IT

THANK ME LATER

McDonald's recently brought over Stroopwaffel McFlurrys as part of an international promotion, does that count? They're excellent :p

Probably best not to rush driving through a foreign country while jetlagged (for either of us) for the sake of a race though.

Don't worry, there is always the "my rental has winter tyres" excuse. Standard line from FG 'Muricans to explain their lack of ability to go around corners.

:tease:

Don't worry, there is always the "my rental has winter tyres" excuse. Standard line from FG 'Muricans to explain their lack of ability to go around corners.

:tease:

Well you see, with the top down on my rental SLC, the airflow was spoiled and was the reason I couldn’t go as fast. If I had the top up, I clearly would’ve won.

I'm pretty sure the Dutch are going to find a way to put a 2 cylinder engine into my rental BMW.

I'm pretty sure the Dutch are going to find a way to put a 2 cylinder engine into my rental BMW.

I had a three cylinder BMW last time. It was awful. It was also a 25 year old motorcycle with a Peugeot derived motor and 100k miles on it.

I’m hoping for a V6 S Class...

Landing at FRAport around 11am. Figured an hour to get my stuff and rental car (don't need to pass through passport control since I'm arriving on an inter-Schengen flight). Then add in a 2 hour drive, so arriving will be sitting around doing nothing with a beer by around 3pm.
so yoy already forgot that i'll be there waiting for you for my 12 o'clock rental :(

so yoy already forgot that i'll be there waiting for you for my 12 o'clock rental :(

Derp. So many things going on. Yes, thats right.

I’m hoping for a V6 S Class...
I will laugh my ass off if they put you in an S300h with a four pot.
Monies transferred. My wife and our little dautghter are coming with me :)
Wonderful! I hope they like playing with older kids, because I know Maud and Marit love playing with smaller kids :)

I will laugh my ass off if they put you in an S300h with a four pot.

Wonderful! I hope they like playing with older kids, because I know Maud and Marit love playing with smaller kids :)
Judging by her recent pictures, everyone is a smaller kid to Maud. :p

I know it's still 4 weeks away but I'm super excited about this year. Seeing old friends we haven't seen for a while, new friends to greet. All we need is a repeat of 2015's weather and it will be epic.