RS4. Why uncool ?

ascalon

During a recent repeat of Top Gear, the boys said that the Audi RS4 was a great car to drive, but was seriously “Uncool”.
I drive an RS4 V8 as well as several other cars ranging from an Aston to a Triumph Herald. I think that the RS4 is cool. It’s a midsize very fast FWD estate. Why do you think that Top Gear rated it “Uncool” ?

It's a V8 "executive saloon" that tends to be driven by people who don't use the turn signal and walk around with a bluetooth implanted in their ear. If I saw someone pull up in one, I would be as inclined to say "hello" as I would if they were wearing a Tapout shirt and carrying a modded vape.

Reactions: MWF
During a recent repeat of Top Gear, the boys said that the Audi RS4 was a great car to drive, but was seriously “Uncool”.
I drive an RS4 V8 as well as several other cars ranging from an Aston to a Triumph Herald. I think that the RS4 is cool. It’s a midsize very fast FWD estate. Why do you think that Top Gear rated it “Uncool” ?
You obviously misunderstood the cool wall concept. Shit cars can be cool and great cars can be uncool.

Some cars can start off cool and then be ruined by the people who bought them. The first BMW Mini, for example, WAS cool and then every real estate agents in the UK added them to their corporate fleets and ruined its image.

The RS4 is a great car but if you buy one, at least in the UK, people will assume you're a squash playing bell end with a Bluetooth earpiece who uses phrases like "blue sky thinking" and refers to customers as "yourself" when speaking to them.

As MWF notes, it's about the image of kind of person who drives it, especially if they slip up while describing said car, like the guy in one episode who tried to support the coolness of a 911 GT3 but pronounced it "Porsh". For example, someone who says
It’s a midsize very fast FWD estate.
dings the coolness of what is, according to the brochure, a midsize very fast AWD or 4WD estate, but never a FWD estate unless something's gone very wrong with the center differential.

Reactions: MWF