Slovenian Minimeet Nov/Dec 2014

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
E39 M5, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '21 Focus Wagon
Well, as I was told to do so, I am turning my intended visit into a minimeet-thread! :)

As I intend to use one of my upcoming weekends during my off-site work-assignment which includes a company beater to finally visit the slovenians, plans shall be made! It turns out that Beni could join from italy, and the nearby 47(s) may be available too. So.. my only restrictions are:

- basically any weekend from now till christmas
- location needs to be decided on

I don't think we need a plan of what to do, as it'll probably be business as usual anyway (i.e. standing/sitting around, talking). But I am open to suggestions.

Potential participants:
- Ice
- nicjasno
- thomas
- Beni
- 47(s)

Anyone else potentially? Any ideas what do do? Suggestions on a date and place?

So long
Thomas

Yes! I'll be in Forno Di Zoldo/Italy from next week on and every weekend until mid December would work for me as well! I'd like to see Ljubljana but I'm also open for everything else!

Ljubljana is very pretty, but there isn't much of interest to see for a bunch of car nerds. Unfortunately we don't have any race tracks, so that's out of the question too.

There's the mountains, the sea side, caves, but all of that falls under regular tourist traps.

We might as well just end up standing, around doing nothing, anyway.

This would be a whole-day event I reckon?
Where would you be staying Thomas, and Beni for that matter, crashing at somebody's place or hotel?

Ice, any interesting automotive happenings in SLO? Some museums, indoor karting maybe?

I'd always suggest Grobnik, but since it is November, I'm not sure about the weather. 1 hour is around 60 eur if someone want's to destroy his tires, and the track should be empty in Nov/Dec :D

Also, we can contact Boobo, maybe he'd be interested. And I can ask igor too.

Well, there's outdoor karting near my town (within spitting distance of the nuclear power plant, if that's of any importance to you (NO I DO NOT GLOW IN THE DARK! ...yet)), but other than that, nothing comes to mind off the top of my head.

Well, there's outdoor karting near my town (within spitting distance of the nuclear power plant, if that's of any importance to you (NO I DO NOT GLOW IN THE DARK! ...yet)), but other than that, nothing comes to mind off the top of my head.

Yeah, thought of that, but that depends on the temperature. Who knows, maybe it'll be nice and sunny, which would be enough for some fun.

If there's space to sleep on the floor I'd bring mattress and sleeping bag, otherwise a simple hotel will be available somewhere i guess.

Last edited:
Im interested too. You all pick a date, i cant really plan anything 100% in advance mostly because of work, but i can make most sundays. Ljubljana would be nice I think, take some photos, hang out, grab some lunch . . .

Yeah, Ljubljana would probably be best. We can all wheeze up to the castle and then grab something nice to eat. We have to get public down too, so we can feed him all the burek he can stand.

Slights hint of want, this :hmm:

Do it. If there are cheaper flights to Venice I could pick you up there... ;)

DanRom was asking about flights too. I only checked for Ljubljana and Zagreb, both of which were close to ?300. Didn't check Venice.

Haha, I had a feeling some people would be interested! DO IT! :D

So anyway, what are peoples thoughts about dates? Sooner, like now in November, or a bit later, before Christmas in December?
I'm good either way, for now the only date I can't do is 6.12.
Also, Maja gave approval :)D), and I would be coming alone.

^^

November would work for me, just not the last Sunday of the month, 30.11. In December I think I can make every weekend.
Also, Antonija will be coming with me most likely :)

^^

November would work for me, just not the last Sunday of the month, 30.11. In December I think I can make every weekend.
Also, Antonija will be coming with me most likely :)

Boobo, just to be clear, Saturdays don't work for you, only Sundays?

I personally would like it to be on a Saturday, but Sunday would mean I'm open any weekend. Depends on thomas and the other travelers.

Last edited:
I'm not on a tight schedule, I could do Friday night to Sunday if people are interested.

Sundays work for me better, but i can make saturdays too if i dont have any work, which i cant really plan considering the work i do. Make it best for you guys, if i can make great, if not ill see you some other time.

So how about the weekend of 22.11 to 23.11 then ?